anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anomolies  (Read 12093 times)

vassylad

Anomolies
« on: November 05, 2010, 11:18:30 AM »
Hi forgive me if this topic has been brought up before but I am getting some weird flight numbers that make no sence to me

RYR2LV EIDW-EGGW but actually doing the opposite
RYR56ER ENRY-EGSS (Overhead Liverpool)
DLH7MA EDDF-LROP (Just departed MAN)

Is there any remedy for this please.

Michael

Runway 31

Re: Anomolies
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 11:57:45 AM »

TEDDYBEAR

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 01:04:28 PM »
Boeing C32 MS Code AE0443 is shown as 00-9001 c/n 25494 & MS Code AE0446 99-6143 is also shown as c/n 25494.
Any ideas as which is correct and what the incorrect one should be?

Bryan

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 02:11:50 PM »
Bryan,

AE0443 is not in the d/b as the hex/serial combination has not been confirmed. AE0446 is applicable 99-6143 and the data detailed is correct.

I presume that the information re AE0443 is contained in the original data which came with your Radarbox and is incorrect. hence the reason for the thread "Database update requests".

Alan

bratters

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 02:36:59 PM »
Hi forgive me if this topic has been brought up before but I am getting some weird flight numbers that make no sence to me

RYR2LV EIDW-EGGW but actually doing the opposite
RYR56ER ENRY-EGSS (Overhead Liverpool)
DLH7MA EDDF-LROP (Just departed MAN)

Is there any remedy for this please.

Michael

No remedy until Airnav decides to update the databases but as we've been waiting since at least last June and have absolutely no indication of anything coming within the near future, I wouldn't hold your breath.

I used to enjoy monitoring flights in and out of my local airports but frankly now that routes information for all lo-cost and some national airlines in the UK has deteriorated so far, it's hardly worth switching the box on.

Think we'll be changing horses this Christmas.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 03:20:25 PM »
Think we'll be changing horses this Christmas.

Hold your horses!!  FD7 for Radarbox might be finished beta testing by Christmas.  That should resolve the route problems without having to rely on Airnav to fix the routes database.

Deadcalm

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 03:25:47 PM »
If past performance is anything to go by, you  can add at least another six months to that prediction...

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 03:28:43 PM »
If past performance is anything to go by, you  can add at least another six months to that prediction...

I'm surprised by that statement.  The developer of FD7 seems very responsive.

bratters

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 03:31:01 PM »
OK Tarbat - I'll always listen to anything you have to say.

So what's FD7 when it's at home?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 03:40:19 PM »
FD7 is an addon for the "other" box.  Among other things it can do automatic route lookups at the following sites:
- Dave Reid's FRL Service
- Libhomeradar
- FlightAware
- FlyteCom
- FlightStats

I meantioned it in response to your comment about "changing horses this Christmas".  Any other ModeS receiver has to rely on addons like FD7 to lookup routes.

More discussion at http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=5472.msg55138#msg55138

Available from http://sites.google.com/site/0flightdisplay/homepage
It currently only partially works with Radarbox, but the author is working on this.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 03:43:30 PM by tarbat »

bratters

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 04:01:21 PM »
Understood - to a degree......however you said "FD7 for Radarbox" which begs a couple of questions:

What form does this take - software or hardware? - and is this in conjunction with, or regardless of, Airnav?

I take your point about other recievers. The actual reception by RB and my current aerial set-up would take some beating by any other receiver but when you've got your couple of hundred onscreen flights you need be sure what they are.

If the DBs are not scrupulously maintained but deteriorate to the point of being absolute horlix, the operation becomes pointless. Hence change of horses.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 04:05:27 PM »
What form does this take - software or hardware? - and is this in conjunction with, or regardless of, Airnav?

It's software, and Airnav have no involvement in its development.  Current beta looks identical to the SBS-1 version of FD7, but obviously needs tweaking to cope with RB port 30003 differences, and the navdata database for routes.  I don't want to say any more without the permission of the developer.

If the DBs are not scrupulously maintained but deteriorate to the point of being absolute horlix, the operation becomes pointless. Hence change of horses.

But a change of horses (to another hardware/software combination) will not solve the routes problem.  AFAIK, it's only Radarbox that does route lookup, any other box needs addon software to get routes.

bratters

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 04:29:50 PM »
OK,so we add a bit more software (and maybe pay a fee/sub?), no problem.

But - and this is the million dollar question - will the information on the screen get updated/changed?

For example, suppose I have on screen RYR123AB showing Newcastle to Murcia. when it is in fact Manchester to Murcia. How do I know this is an error without tracking it on network or looking it up just out of interest?
If however I subsequently find out the route is wrong, will I be able to correct my database so that the error is not perpetuated?
At the moment the skies are full of wrong routes and obviously corrections to these will only be useful if they can be put in my database and thence on to my screen.

I already have access to some correct routes but it's getting them onscreen that's the problem.

I hope this make sense and thanks for taking the time to help.  :)

bearcat

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 07:36:07 PM »
I've been using Fd7.5 for a couple of months, took a bit of playing with to get it going with Rbox but it's a great little tool. Sometimes the routes are incorrect but this not the fault of FD but the look up source.

bratters

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 07:38:58 PM »
Hi Bearcat - when you use FD7 what route appears in MyFlights and on your screen display - the original Airnav one or the FD7 corrected version?