AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Logos  (Read 2360 times)

theastra

Logos
« on: November 02, 2010, 08:46:11 PM »
All,

I've searched the forum to get an answer on this. In my part of the world a lot of jetblue a/c ping on my ANRB. I know they're JBU from the type and registration, but no airline name or logo for them ever shows up in my list. However, the picture is accurately tagged with jetblue. The logo is in the file on the C/drive.  I have the same issue with Southwest Airlines aircraft.

How do I resolve this?

Thanks in advance,
Steven

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
Re: Logos
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 08:49:31 PM »
Hello

I think the problem will be that Jetblue enter their flight Id without the ICAO code at the start and instead just enter a number.  The logo is based on the ICAO code and if this is not present then their is no way to get a logo.

Andrew

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 08:54:38 PM »
Andrew is of course right - but I just did a fuller explanation - here it is:

The way that logos work is that they pick up the ICAO Code or IATA Code from the Flight ID that the aircraft broadcasts. As Jetblue and Southwest only send numbers as Flight ID's, there is no code for RadarBox to interpret - so no logo.

Three is a fuller explanation here http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=5404.msg54371#msg54371

So, unless and until these airlines (and others) transmit proper ID's, you're not going to see logos. Sorry!

Rod
Rod

NF2G

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 12:36:21 AM »
Jet Blue crews tend to enter the wrong code when they do attempt to enter a complete flight number.  They send JB###, which gets them tagged as HeliJet.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 01:25:16 AM »
If that's common in your area, there's no reason why you shouldn't change your airlines table so that JB corresponds to JBU, as long as you remove the JB reference to Helijet. That won't be a problem unless Helijet are active in your area AND use their JB code too.

Rod
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 01:26:59 AM by RodBearden »
Rod