AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: how to start a new 2D map  (Read 3053 times)

brianmc

how to start a new 2D map
« on: November 01, 2010, 02:03:41 AM »
i am trying a new antenna.

how can I start a new 2D map to show the new range of the antenna....if there is a new range.  not sure what you call the star shaped range but I like it alot better than google.  Google dies so many times and needs to be reloaded.

Thanks

Brian

Chris11

Re: how to start a new 2D map
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 04:01:12 AM »
It is the polar diagram. To clear it - File | Preferences | General | Clear/Reset Polar Diagram.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 08:09:46 PM »
Hi Brian, as Chris says, but it's always worth saving a copy of the diagram (it takes very little space), so you can compare diagrams after changes in antenna, location and weather etc..   Always allow a few days to start building a more accurate and true record of what you're receiving, and what improves or decreases range.   Usually, the biggest single improvement is getting an antenna outside and in the clear (the more height the better, until downlead losses due to co-ax length cancel out the gain - this is when a pre-amp close to the antenna can be of real benefit - if there's little signal in the first place, a pre-amp has nothing to amplify!).
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

brianmc

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 04:46:18 AM »
thanks for that.

I cleared it and what a mistake that was....the star shaped coverage area takes way too long to clear out.....because I do not get that many flights in a day....now I would just like to shut the thing off but I suspect there is no way to do that.

At least anything I have tried will NOT stop it......so many lines I cant read the flight information.

I can always read the data from the database and plot it on a google map to see whats better....this way is terrible.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 08:43:02 AM »
Can you please explain that again Sir, we don't understand what your saying (a image might be usefull as well)

You should be able to remove the Polar Diagram just by one click and it should go within a second.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 09:22:40 AM »
Regarding the polar diagram you dont require to have it on the screen while it is building,  You can clear and unclear it by pressing the maximum range polar diagram button sited above the destinations tab at the top of the screen layout.

Cant have tried that hard to stop it!!

Alan

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 05:36:00 PM »
Hi Brian, am I right in thinking that what you mean is that your polar diagram is a somewhat spiky and irregular shape.    As it builds up over days and weeks it will assume a more circular, semi-circular, oval or fan shape, depending on how many directions and numbers of aircraft you pick up.   The higher they are the greater will be the range, depending on how clear a view your antenna has (or has not!).   Does this help?
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!