anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ongoing pricing info  (Read 27251 times)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Ongoing pricing info
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2007, 01:38:47 PM »
AirNav Support,

Thanks for that explanation, I think that I'm almost there now and if you can cope with a couple more questions:

- Happy with the live track BAW079 climbing out from an airfield and watching it until it disappears.  I won't see it climbing out again via Network data in 5 minutes because the processing is clever enough to work out that I've already seen that aircraft live.

- However, whilst I'm watching the live track (the only live track on the screen today- must be the bad weather - hi) and network data at the same time, and I seeing a mixture of live data (BAW079) and 5 minute delayed data at the same time?

That doesn't seem to make sense to me as I'd like to see all traffic with positions based on a common time datum - that is ALL traffic delayed by 5 minutes, or ALL traffic live (I know that this is not possible with Network traffic selected).  If you are showing a mixture of live positions and delayed positions, then I would have preferred it to work as in my previous (flawed) explanation.

Thanks for bearing with me, this is a genuine question of understanding for me and not just making work for you!

All the best

Allocator

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2007, 01:43:57 PM »
Making work for us? he he. This what we are here for.

You are seeing a mixture of Live and Delayed flights. It may seem confusing however from tests and early customer opinion the delayed data only appears in area which are antenna black spots for you so it just broadens your view.

However your view regarding having the data as all being delayed is intresting. If enough customers feel the same we can have that as an option.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Allocator

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2007, 02:56:47 PM »
Thanks AirNav Support,

OK, I've got the full picture now thank you.  I follow your logic of mixing the live and delayed data bearing in mind the the live "black spots" where you will see the Network Data only.

Maybe the options you might like to consider are:

1. Live Data only (this is an opion already)

2. Live Data and 5 min delayed Network Data (so is this)

3. Network Data only so that all aircraft have a common time datum and appear in the correct place in relation to each other, but all are 5 min delayed.  Live data still being picked up by RadarBox and sent to Network, but not displayed live.

I am an Air Traffic Controller by trade, so I like things to be logically displayed and that live/delayed display just goes against the grain.  5 minutes is really neither here nor there, but correct relative positions would be important to me.

I wonder if there currently any way of telling which aircraft are live and which are Network on the display?

So, no charge for my consultancy fee :-) but I can't believe that Andre launched a new product without asking me to Beta test it ;-(

Thanks

Allocator

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2007, 03:10:29 PM »
Moving your mouse on the aircraft will highlight the aircraft in either the myflights table or network table.

Also flights which you pick up via RadarBox will be updating quicker (depending on reception) than the network flights which update every 30 seconds.
[email protected]

Allocator

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2007, 03:42:20 PM »
Thanks AirNav Support,

All my questions answered!

Cheers

CanadaKen

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2007, 04:24:45 PM »
Can the 5 minute delayed aircraft be shown in a different colour text?

CK
Monitoring on Canada's "Left" coast

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2007, 05:08:33 PM »
not at the moment. Problem is the aircraft are already colour coded in what they are doing (e.g landing, departing, cruise, climbing, descending)

Add another colour and we might have a rainbow :) . We will keep in mind what you have said.
[email protected]

DaveG

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2007, 05:10:22 PM »
not at the moment. Problem is the aircraft are already colour coded in what they are doing (e.g landing, departing, cruise, climbing, descending)

Add another colour and we might have a rainbow :) . We will keep in mind what you have said.

Instead of a colour how about a symbol?  Such as an * next to the tags to indicate its coming from network.
Cornwall, UK

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2007, 05:11:08 PM »

Can I suggest that yoy keep the same colours but for network traffic  the target flashes :-)

CanadaKen

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2007, 08:58:36 PM »
I would be happy with either of your suggestions. One of the uncommon ascii symbols or a flash display for 5 min delayed aircraft.

CK
Monitoring on Canada's "Left" coast