anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Question Around EGCC Area  (Read 9804 times)

Dean

• Plane photographer
Re: Question Around EGCC Area
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 05:49:52 PM »
tarbat - thanks - you always know - I begin to wonder if you are actually the AirNav server.

Anyhow - Quinny have a look at that web site and see if you can work out your predicted line of sight coverage for planes at different altitudes. It's not perfect as it looks at topography and not if next door have built an extension blocking you path. Well worth a try.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2010, 08:26:56 PM »
Hi bearcat (as in scanner?), if the insulation is the foil backed stuff it will act as a very effective screen, downlead needs to go through it.   It may be worth experimenting to see if the foil backed stuff acts as a good groundplane - anyone tried it?    I once made a discone from a sheet of very thin stainless steel - superb performance, but was so lightweight, it wouldn't have lasted more than a couple of days outside.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2010, 10:19:14 PM »
Just in case anyone wants help to work the HeyWhatsThat profiler, I did some instructions when I first found the site. You can download the Word document here: http://www.rbearden.toucansurf.com/HeyWhatsThat Panorama.doc

Rod
Rod

Quinnysings

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 05:22:10 PM »
Cheers all
It looks like I have a dodgey USB cable, I noticed today that the cable turns in the plug where it plugs into laptop, so have used one off something else but doesn't seem much better.
I have ordered a battery for my Laptop today as this one has had it (shuts down after 20 seconds of disconnecting mains lead) so I will be able to take the RB out for a drive somewhere other that home and check it out.
I'll keep you all posted as to how I get on with it, and thanks again for all the help with web sites and other kind offers.
Quinny

Quinnysings

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2010, 12:54:18 PM »
Well I got the RB out of the house and into the van on Sunday morning and there wasn't a cloud in the sky so took a drive to up to Pott Shrigley Cheshire (if you know that place) and as I drove higher and higher the visibility ended up about 100m LOL ... anyway that's beside the point .. the thing is the RB worked perfectly not many broken trail lines, so it's obviously the area I'm in that's the problem ... but at least I know the RB is ok.
Ta
Quinn

Chris11

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2010, 01:31:01 PM »
So I guess that you will be in the market for an external antenna soon :)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2010, 01:34:55 PM »
Quinny, that's good news.  Maximum range in perfect conditions should be around 250miles, so take a look at the polar chart from your trip to Pott Shrigley.

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2010, 03:25:30 PM »
Quinny

To be honest, last Sunday, I was only getting similar ranges to those you quoted, from a similar location

Rich

donburrows

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2010, 01:10:45 AM »
have you got any wireless cameras?

Quinnysings

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2010, 09:35:07 AM »
Hello all sorry been quiet for a while but laptop died ... so I've bought another and this runs so much faster than that last lump of junk, tracking has certainly improved. I'm going to get spare antenna for my van and the original one will be going ontop of our old redundant boiler flu that runs up the side of the house an just falls short of the apex of the roof but should still reach my laptop through hole in widow frame. Would I lose much signal by buying an extention cable for it (just incase it won't quite reach)
Don ... Wireless Cameras ?
Quinny

donburrows

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2010, 12:06:50 PM »
no wireless cameras?

donburrows

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2010, 12:12:06 PM »
i had that problem so i turned off all the power in the house ,i soon found the problem

Quinnysings

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2010, 05:07:11 PM »
Hi Don
No wireless cameras or my neighbours either just a bad location