AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: new user first question re, software  (Read 13816 times)

2E0BTX

new user first question re, software
« on: October 20, 2010, 05:14:54 PM »
Hi to all and thanks for the group , ive only just joined the froup but it seems to be a wealth of information , i have just bought a used but in pristine condition a mode s arinav radar box unit,

my first question , is this unit redundent ?  i see airnav are offering a 50 pound trade in
and my second qustion is where will i get the software and drivers to run the unit ...

3rd question have i been conned .. you dont have to answer but here is a link to the unit i bought

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220685494355&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

best regards

Peter

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: new user first question re, software
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 05:33:36 PM »
and my second qustion is where will i get the software and drivers to run the unit ...

Download the latest software (free) from http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/support.html

Or a direct link is http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/403/ANRB403Setup.exe

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 05:34:59 PM »
To add to Tarbat's reply - I don't think you've been conned - as long as the box works - it's obviously out of warranty by now.

You won't get the network without a subscription, but you will get local flights, and you get database updates and photos. You may need to contact AirNav Support in order to use any internet options, but there shouldn't be any problem there.

HTH

Rod
Rod

2E0BTX

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 05:46:37 PM »
Thanks lads ....

i feel a bit better now ! i shall follow the links thats been posted , i will more than likely
upgrade and buy new eventually but i want to paddle in the shallow pool before i jump in at the deep end ...

thanks again

Pete

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 06:50:45 PM »
You won't need to upgrade the box - new ones bought today are basically the same as the very first ones, except for a bit of tweaking to the circuitry - and there's a lifetime warranty for that. All the changes have been to the software, so once you've got that running, you will be up to date.

Check out the forum for additional items, such as silhouettes, airport and airways outlines, and logos which are constantly added.

Rod

Rod

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 06:57:24 PM »
2E0BTX,

As the others have said, it shouldn't be any problem. Any issues contact us or leave a message on the forum.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

2E0BTX

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 07:51:10 PM »
Thanks for all the support , well its shouyld be with me hopefully in a couple of days and then i can get stuck in .

for now i have installed the software and running the demo hopefully getting used to the software

thanks again

Pete

2E0BTX

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 11:57:47 PM »

Download the latest software (free) from http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/support.html

so can i just clarify when the reciever arrives i can use the software for free ? at the moment its says to click in a check box to register , when i follow the link its takes me to a page where i order the software , the only other option is to run it demo mode. it just that i get the impresson its not free and i have to pay to use it ....

best regards

Pete

BadWolf

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 01:51:53 AM »
Pete,
I'd venture that an e-mail to the support desk would be in order. Typically a new unit is assigned a user name and password. This would have been on the OEM Software CD, assuming you received that from the seller.
AirNav lilkely has a register of unit serial numbers and user accounts they should be able to adjust for you.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 07:47:22 AM »
so can i just clarify when the reciever arrives i can use the software for free ?

Yes, the software is free.  Ask the person you're buying it from to tell you the hardware's serial number and password, and enter that in the startup box.  If they can't tell you this, then you'll need to email [email protected] with details of the hardware serial number, and they should be able to tell you the correct password to use.

2E0BTX

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 07:59:23 PM »
Thanks again for all feedback ive contacted support and ive managed to get the username off the seller but no password but hopefully

the tech support department will help me get the unit on the air

Pete

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 08:05:56 PM »
We have replied to you with the password.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

2E0BTX

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 07:18:42 AM »
Thankyou for the speed in sorting my issues i guess 30 mins thats got to be a record !!

i just hope the unit arrives safely now i seem to be all ready to plug and play

Pete

chewycanes

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 10:10:25 AM »
Hi
I am a fairly new user also.

If you have not done so yet it may be worth downloading the manual from http://www.airnavsystems.com/radarbox/forumlink.php?link_id=607.0

This gives basic info about many of the options and also utube has some useful items to watch.

Brian

lone

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 08:09:00 PM »
Hi All
Got my new toy over the weekend (dont think ive been to sleep yet)
I think the 3d box is brill, few problems though.
after installation, the box came up with several links eg manual tutorial etc.
none of these links work. after using the box for a couple of hours, the planes disappear that i am tracking, and the spheres when clicked on just stays as spheres, or disappear and just track data.
if i reboot the pc then it seems better for a while, then the problems start again.
I have tried reinstalling but it is the same.

Hope these issues can get sorted as i think this WILL be a great piece of kit.
regards lone