AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windows Update and Driver issues  (Read 2887 times)

N9JIG

• ANRB, too many radios and an understanding wife!
    • CARMA, the Chicago Area Radio Monitoring Association
Windows Update and Driver issues
« on: October 17, 2010, 10:57:09 AM »
I am still having issues with Windows Updates apparently causing the USB drivers for the ARNB to fail. Every time Windows updates are installed that require a restart I need to uninstall the ARNB drivers, reinstall them and then restart the computer a second time before the ARNB works properly.

Weird thing is that the Network aircraft are there and the green box is lit indicating the hardware is connected, it just won't receive local signals. On the box itself the green power light is on but no blue or white lights. Once I reinstall the drivers and restart again all is well with the world again.

I am running Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) with 9GB RAM, and my virus protection is MSSE. I have Automatic Updates set to download but I chose when to install them. This does it with several iterations of the ARNB software, including 4.03 and 3.13.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Windows Update and Driver issues
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 11:19:15 AM »
This is intresting N9JIG. We have had many customers who update as you do and not have a problem but we do get the odd few who have the same issue as you.

Is anyone else having the same issue? Lets see whether we can pinpoint the similar setup between others. This does seem like a Windows issue rather than a driver issue, as once the driver is installed it shouldn't be changed.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

N9JIG

• ANRB, too many radios and an understanding wife!
    • CARMA, the Chicago Area Radio Monitoring Association
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 11:43:39 AM »
I don't know if this is related or not but I have noticed that after a week or two the ARNB seems to stop processing local flights properly, one flight would have a dozen or so entries on the list hours after it departed the area or landed. Some others would be listed long after they were gone. The ARNB would still be flashing blue and white and current flights seem to be populating though. Usually this is cleared up by closing the application and restarting it.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 11:45:45 AM »
Sounds like some corruption data, have you tried changing your USB lead?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 03:56:05 PM »
Hi N9JIG and AN, I found I got so many problems with Win 7 Updates, I turned them off back in February, and haven't missed them at all.    I've got the Win 7 Ultimate (ultimate PITA maybe!) installed and found almost every update corrupted something, or caused hang ups (not just AN program) - did a complete re-format of HDDs, lost quite a few Acer add-ons.    I don't run any protection systems, and touch wood and whistle have had no apparent problems - the bank account's always empty anyway!    I'd be inclined to run and install latest updates, turn updates off altogether, re-install RB (3.13 in my case) to a separate file as has always been advised in this Forum under C:/AirNav Systems .
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!