AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Route info  (Read 3199 times)

flightsimmer

Route info
« on: October 17, 2010, 05:43:44 PM »
Hey Guys,

since some weeks I am watching the route information appearing with the network received flights in radar box. They are so erroneous that I consider that feature as totally useless. I would not care about if my own (correct) database entries wouldn't be overwritten by those received from the network. How can I avoid receiving route information from the network without turning off "Get Flights from RadarBox Network" at all?
I would prefer my own database entries having priority over the network route infos.

The wrong route information also show up on Airnav Live with exactly the same errors.
http://www.airnavlive.com/search.php

One more: since several days I get LH 600 as flight from RJBB to EDDF. Everybody can easily verify that this flight number belongs to a flight from EDDF to OIIE (Tehran). Have a look. Its just in the air.

The attached JPG shows a situation from today at Frankfurt, Germany received over network. It demonstrated very well the degree of missleading information. I am using 3 letter codes in my own database.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 06:08:18 PM by AirNav Support »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Route info
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 06:14:49 PM »
Firstly Sir please do not upload files which have swear words in them. Thanks.

Our data for Routes is from FlightStats.com and from our own server algorithms. They do get results in some areas however in others they are not so great. I am sure you can imagine the task of gaining and the worlds routes is not an easy one, not to mention some Flight IDs are different to ones on schedules websites. We are doing our best in this area and hoping with further improvements to make this better.

We apologise that you are having that much trouble and you can Go to File -> Preferences -> RadarBox -> Route AutoPopulate and untick that box. You can then add your routes manually and they won't be overwritten by the server.

Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

flightsimmer

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 06:37:51 PM »
Thanks for your reply. I have already deactivated the "populate Route info" feature. So my local database does not have erroneous entries. It seems that I receive network flight that already have route infos. The route info is not looked-up in my local database.
The question is: can I block these data overriding my local database entries?????

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 06:45:38 PM »
Unfortunately they are looked up using the server database. This cannot be done by your local database as the amount of lookups would cause problems.

If the network was downloading every 30 seconds 1000 flights, it would mean 1000 flights would need to be looked up in your database every 30 seconds which would cause performance issues. Even if we did some clever techinques to only lookup new flights this would still be 200-300 every 20/30 seconds.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 07:53:23 PM by AirNav Support »
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

flightsimmer

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 07:12:49 PM »
This does not answer my question whether I can block the route info from your server or not. Obviously not.
I would not miss the route information. I have about 15000 reliable and up-to-date route entries in my data base from those airline im interested in. Works good. But the fact that the route info from my database is sometimes replaced by these from the network makes me mad. Would be really an advantage if I could eliminate that.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 07:22:08 PM »
You can send us your 15000 flights database and we will update our server with it.
Which source did you use to obtain that data?

flightsimmer

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 07:37:14 PM »
I have various sources. One of them is OAG. Translation tables from ACARSD.
Could, however, be a property right problem, if I would forward it to you.