anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Radarbox has stopped working  (Read 4708 times)

jonjorobb

Radarbox has stopped working
« on: October 08, 2010, 04:49:15 PM »
Hello All,

I've been running my Radarbox successfully for nearly two years. The only issue I have ever had has been with the USB cable, which I have replaced. My Radarbox usually runs 9 to 5, and through the night on weekdays. I have the default antenna in the loft on a Quality Street tin which is stacked on top of DVD cases.

Out of the blue today when I started the software I was receiving no flights. I have checked the Hardware: Connected box, which is green and I have also checked the USB cable. The box has the one green light, indicating it is connected and is recognising the computer. I am guessing that either an element of the hardware has failed, or that the coax or antenna are broken. I just can not work out why or how this has happened. Also, I have no means of testing out what has failed.

One thing that might be worth mentioning - I have used the same USB cable for about a year and it has never been unplugged from Radarbox since I first plugged it in. Last Week I got an ICOM IC-R20, which I have plugged in to my PC using this USB cable. I have had no issues before I did this. It's probably a coincidence as the USB cable does not seem to be the issue. Thought I should mention it anyway!

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or had experienced similar issues?

Thanks,
Jonjo

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Radarbox has stopped working
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 05:43:44 PM »
Any chance that you've plugged the Radarbox into a different USB socket on your PC?  If so, you may need to re-install the drivers.

jonjorobb

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 05:50:10 PM »
Hi tarbat,

No, it's the same port. I have recently installed a virtual COM port driver to facilitate the radio, do you think this could affect it?

Like I said - the software recognises the hardware is connected.

Thanks again,
Jonjo

jonjorobb

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 06:10:22 PM »
I've just noticed that periodically the Hardware box changes to Unconnected. After about a second it switches back to connected. This happens with more then one port.

Still does not explain why I am receiving no flights.

Jonjo

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 06:18:45 PM »
Try changing the USB cable to see if it makes a difference.

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 06:34:49 PM »
Hardware box changes to Unconnected.

Jonjo

hello

This must mean you are still using V2 since in 3.13 and 4.03 it says "not Connected" so you should probably upgrade to 3.13 anyway although it might not cure your problem . If you do upgrade back up your data folder to keep your log etc.

Andrew

jonjorobb

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 06:39:12 PM »
OK, This is really odd.

I tried another USB cable which did the same thing. I then tried another USB cable, which provided some interesting results. If I press down gently on the Radarbox, the Blue USB light flashes constanty, almost like a pressure activated light switch. The moment I remove my hand the light stops. I still receive no messages.

Orkney: I'm using 3.13, and your right, it comes up with "not Connected".

I hope my box has not become faulty. I can't think what has caused this.

Jonjo

Runway 31

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 06:53:48 PM »
Looks like there is something loose inside, I would suggest you contact support for assistance.

Alan

jonjorobb

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 07:06:36 PM »
Thanks, I've just contacted them.

Jonjo