AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Regional/Biz jets and "Aircraft field"  (Read 2688 times)

knight01

Regional/Biz jets and "Aircraft field"
« on: September 24, 2010, 05:31:27 PM »
Why is there no aircraft type specified in the "Aircraft field" for regional or biz jets.  It just has three dots (...).  None of the FlyBe aircraft types are filled.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 05:34:28 PM by knight01 »

ACW367

Re: Regional/Biz jets and "Aircraft field"
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 05:34:09 PM »
It is a bug that Airnav are investigating.  I will let Airnav Development expand further on the issue, as they have a better technical understanding of why this is still occuring.

knight01

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 05:43:27 PM »
I think the database needs updating, as the blank fields in this list are also blank in the database file.
If they are specified in the database file, the field is populated, as seen in the screenshot for the Lufthansa CRJ (third from bottom).

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 05:56:31 PM »
The database is being updated, click anywhere on the line and the data should be populated.  If you dont get the silhouette right click on the line and when you get the menu choose " locate mode s code in database explorer.  When database explorer comes up you will note that the entry under AT is missing, fill it in and click anywhere on the grid to save.  You will have not problems with that aircraft thereafter.

I note your main problems are with RJ85 and E190 aircraft and thy seem to suffer alot.

If it doesnt populate then it will not be on the database.  Population may be nearly instant or can take 20 or 30 second depending on a number of things like how busy is the server.

Please feel free to let us know of any unknown aircraft via the database update thread.  Unfortunately the database that comes with the unit is a couple of years out of date therefore you can update the newer aircraft which are not on the d/b by auto-populating by clicking on the aircraft.

Alan

Alan
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 05:58:47 PM by Runway 31 »

ACW367

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 05:57:58 PM »
Unfortunately until the bug is fixed by Airnav development, you will need to manually update these all individually in your own personal Navdata file.  The correct ICAO codes are entered for all these aircraft in the updater database that we are working on.  However, the bug prevents the data we are entering in this field from going to users and it is replaced by the corrupted data and ... that you are seeing.

You will also not B77W aircraft invariably come in as B773, despite them all being annotated as B77W in the updater database.  It is very frustrating for all of us.

Since we picked up that there was a bug in June, us updaters have been helping Airnav Development to identify what is happening.  But we are unsighted on whether Development have the information on why it is happening and their plans to provide a fix.

As it seriously impinges on users, I hope Airnav do provide that information soon.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 06:04:57 PM by ACW367 »

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 06:28:14 PM »
Why is this bug proving so difficult to diagnose ?

I ask purely out of professional curiosity.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 06:45:08 PM »
I do wonder how many man-hours Airnav have expended on investigating/fixing this bug.

ACW367

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 06:50:17 PM »
I do wonder how many man-hours Airnav have expended on investigating/fixing this bug.

The creation of the updater team was in part to alleviate The longstanding ICAO corruption part, which was of course first raised with them in February 09.  However it persisted as reported to them again in June.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=5293.0

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2673.0

Only Airnav has that answer.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 06:52:11 PM by ACW367 »

Runway 31

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 06:54:12 PM »
Hopefully sorted in the next software edition but only time will tell.

ACW367

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 06:59:59 PM »
Hopefully sorted in the next software edition but only time will tell.

But I should hasten to add that Development have given us updaters no indication of when they plan that next software edition will be or what format the 'sort' will be.  It certainly is not at a beta testing stage yet.  Therefore in my eyes it remains a big 'hopefully'.