AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Local Airport, whats the chances of seeing what flies over my house  (Read 4794 times)

Automods

I live on the the flight path to a small airport in Kent , Manston or Kent international as it is also known now.

Planes are flying over here all times of day and night, and I am using the Plane finder application for the Iphone and have also subscribed to the casper flight program and they do not find a single plane that goes to or from Manston.

Can anyone tell me if they ever see anything from there, or am I only going to find what I am already getting

Many Thanks

Automods

Re: Local Airport, whats the chances of seeing what flies over my house
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 10:16:49 AM »
Also can I have more information on the 50% off subscriptions that has been offered in the newsletter

Automods

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 01:03:10 PM »
Why has my topic been moved ???

I posted it in the Airnav Live section because I was refering to  AirnavLive software, as I DO NOT have a radarbox

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 01:06:14 PM »
Airnav Live is a different to AirNav Live FlightTracker.

AirNav Live Tracker does not have a support forum, you should contact us direct through the methods in our signature for questions regarding Live Flight Tracker.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 01:57:31 PM »
I live on the the flight path to a small airport in Kent , Manston or Kent international as it is also known now.

Planes are flying over here all times of day and night, and I am using the Plane finder application for the Iphone and have also subscribed to the casper flight program and they do not find a single plane that goes to or from Manston.

Can anyone tell me if they ever see anything from there, or am I only going to find what I am already getting

All of the networks you have mentioned rely on a technology known as ADS-B (where aircraft broadcast messages containing their position).

If the aircraft using Manston don't have ADS-B (which many of them won't) then you won't see them on any of the networks (with the possible exception of PlanePlotter, which uses multilateration technology).  Even the aircraft that do have ADS-B will only be seen if someone within range of them is feeding the data into the network(s) that you are using.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but that's how it works.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 02:22:50 PM »
I posted it in the Airnav Live section because I was refering to  AirnavLive software, as I DO NOT have a radarbox

The one sure-fire way of at least seeing the details of non-ADS-B aircraft  (ir ModeS only) is to use a ModeS receiver such as the Radarbox.  This will show the non-ADS-B aircraft in the list, although not on the map.  For example, in my current list, the aircraft without a globe next to them are non-ADS-B, which won't appear on online services.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 02:28:31 PM by tarbat »

Chris11

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 02:34:39 PM »
Did you forget to post the picture tarbat ;)
I have mostly mode S only aircraft and by listening to the radio and watching the altitude of the aircraft you have a very good idea of what is happening

Runway 31

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 03:07:52 PM »
43C4ED is Lynx XZ185 now added to d/b, unfortunately dont know the US Mil.

Alan

Automods

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 09:35:27 PM »
Ahh right I see,

So unfortunately the Airnav Online/software only product on here will be of no real benefit to me in relation to getting info on all the planes that fly a few feet over my house (only a mile away from the airport) and everything approaches from right over the house :)

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 09:48:18 PM »
43C4ED is Lynx XZ185 now added to d/b, unfortunately dont know the US Mil.

Alan

AE2CF6 was an F-15E from Lakenheath, but not possible to give serial as they allocate hex codes on a mission basis.

Tom

Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 09:54:56 PM »
Is it me, am I missing something. or are two threads being mixed together here?

I'm not following this at all!

I spent my youth spotting at Manston - watching things like Varsities with undercarriage problems skidding along the foam carpet they would lay down.  OK, I'm definitely drifting now...

Rod
Rod

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 09:57:04 PM »
BACK ON TOPIC.....

So unfortunately the Airnav Online/software only product on here will be of no real benefit to me in relation to getting info on all the planes that fly a few feet over my house (only a mile away from the airport) and everything approaches from right over the house :)

Correct.  You really need a ModeS receiver (eg a Radarbox) to identify non-ADS-B aircraft.  And even then, they won't appear on the map, just in the list.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 09:59:30 PM by tarbat »

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 05:08:41 PM »
Chipmunks chasing hovercraft from Manston 1968, those were the days.
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.