anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Preferences box shortened when using 125% text size  (Read 16254 times)

RobinB

Re: Preferences box shortened when using 125% text size
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2010, 09:57:00 PM »
I have the same problem wih my new ACER Netbook. It can't make any display smaller, only larger. Can't use PREFERENCES.  Am using Windows XP. Have e-mailed AirNav, but they don't seem to have a patch/fix. The new version 3 doesn't solve the problem.

I have the same problem.

On my netbook.

tommyg

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2010, 07:13:29 AM »
Guys.

I raised this issue with Support  in February when I got my new Dell Studio 17 Win7 64bit  with a resolution 1600 x 900. The default font size on this machine is 125% and even when I change to 100% it will not expand the preferences window. The only way to change it is using 'Resizenable' each time I want to change something. What I find interesting is that all the other windows will expand without any issues, it is just the Preferences window that gives me grief.
Tommyg

RobinB

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2010, 09:40:07 AM »
What i have done so far is to use the TAB key to move to the correct place (not that I can see it but) but think the order is APPLY, OK, CANCEL.

After a few attempts I managed to save changes.

Not ideal.

air7677

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2010, 09:51:13 AM »
I'm surprised at you Tarbat. I do know how to change the font size - it comes standard at 100% and I changed it to 125% in order to make it easier to read fonts. So I'm well aware how to change it back again.

Why are you surprised?  I was replying to Dub33, not you.  He asked "Is there any text size or resolution setting, that we can view the settings at the bottom of the preference box", so I gave him a solution.

Do you have a problem with that?

Good laugh tarbat, maybe tom needs this site http://www.specsavers.co.uk/

hans

• netherlands weather
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2010, 09:02:21 AM »
i use this little gimmick,works like a charm on my netbook.

http://www.damnsoft.org/cgi-bin/ghostgui.cgi?nographics=;app=projects;section=moveme

press ctrl and win-button and scroll with your wheel to use it.
(25km) from Schiphol Amsterdam(EHAM)
http://home.xmsnet.nl/hanmir/radarbox.htm

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2010, 09:52:09 PM »

Good laugh tarbat, maybe tom needs this site http://www.specsavers.co.uk/

Nice to see you back under at least one other new name; Robbie, Val, Radarspotter, Pat, Sniper, Swordfish etc. Your dredging up of seven month old posts to have a go at me gives you away. You are too thick to contribute anything useful to the forum.

For your info (not that I would expect you to understand) this problem with the Preferences window on large displays has never been addressed by AirNav as evidenced by many other posts on the subject.

Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

eggplant

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2010, 11:23:17 PM »
Whilst I appreciate that some users may have disagreements with others, it isn't terribly interesting to read posts which in their lowest form equate to simple bitching. I get enough of that from my wife !  AirNav - could you make a new posting forum named Bitchfest (for example), so that users whom feel the need to whine to each other can be excluded from those of us that want to talk about aviation ?

Just an idea..
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

neroon79

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2010, 03:09:41 AM »
Whilst I appreciate that some users may have disagreements with others, it isn't terribly interesting to read posts which in their lowest form equate to simple bitching. I get enough of that from my wife !  AirNav - could you make a new posting forum named Bitchfest (for example), so that users whom feel the need to whine to each other can be excluded from those of us that want to talk about aviation ?
I completely agree! In my opinion such posting are at least not helpful, but they are definitely a waste of storage resources on each server.
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2010, 09:37:43 AM »
So is the person being got at never to retaliate?

Never mind, I've now got his full ID so next time he'll be getting a visit from some of my friends in Derry, won't you Pat. :0)

Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

tommyg

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2010, 08:43:59 AM »
For info guys. I had this problem in February and raised it with Airnav then. They still dont seem to have found a fix and it is now nearly October!!!

Tommy
Tommyg