anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to manually edit the RadarBox 2008 Aircraft database  (Read 13546 times)

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
Re: How to manually edit the RadarBox 2008 Aircraft database
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 06:32:55 PM »
Are you running with admin rights? Sounds like a rights issue.

Vista is very fussy about security and hence a real pain when it comes to issues like these.
You must be aware - as I have read it in these pages - that you Can Not run Radarox without opening as administrator and I am registered as admin.

What I want to know - and you havent answered - is what do I do to get it to work. You have said that RadarBox works with Vista but lots of us are finding that may be the case - except for certain functions. It is now virtually impossible to buy a PC from stores without it running Vista so would expect all aspects of Radarbox to function with it out of the box :-)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 07:08:01 PM »
Roadrunner,

I know this doesn't really help, but RB v1.4 works fine on my Vista PC.  My alerts save okay.

Question.  When you run Radarbox, does Vista ask you for permission for it to run with Admin priviledges.  Even though you're setup as an Admin user, you still have to explicity give Radarbox permission to run with Admin privileges.

The desktop icon should have a multi-colour shield on it like this, and the shortcut properties will have these compatability settings:

I agree though, Radarbox shouldn't need Admin privileges to run.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 07:10:39 PM by tarbat »

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2008, 08:25:31 PM »
Tarbat,

Every time I run RB I do right click and run as administrator, however I will check the boxes you show in morning as I have shut down for this evening.
One thing I did find I had both Windows and NTL firewalls running and they may have been interacting as when I checked security levels it suggested I should only use one. Since I have switched off the Windows one and rely on the NTL firewall I have been able to save the alert settings and send email alerts successfully.

Regards

Mike

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2008, 09:43:57 PM »
Since I have switched off the Windows one and rely on the NTL firewall I have been able to save the alert settings and send email alerts successfully.

- Thats intresting, must have had high security settings.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]