anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1622 Saudi Airforce C130  (Read 8035 times)

chewycanes

1622 Saudi Airforce C130
« on: September 20, 2010, 05:28:35 PM »
Hi I am another newcomer to the forum.

I picked up a Mode S 71025C 1622 C130 Lockheed C130H Saudi Airforce at 14.26 today.

I live about 20miles SE of gatwick and my best distance is about 150nm up past Dover into the North sea to just above East Anglia.

I don't know where the aircraft was but i assume it was in that area as that is where i get most military aircraft. There is a possibility it was behind me towards Lyneham but i don't get much that way due to hills.

I had the photo option selected at the time and its showed a fighter aircaft (not yet back upto speed with fighter types after 30 years away from spotting) with serial number 1622 and not a C130.

Is the wrong photo linked to the C130 or is there a conflict with serial numbers ?

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: 1622 Saudi Airforce C130
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 06:06:18 PM »
I don't know where the aircraft was but i assume it was in that area as that is where i get most military aircraft. There is a possibility it was behind me towards Lyneham but i don't get much that way due to hills.

Definitely not Lyneham - I lost it just starting to descend from FL220, whereas it would have been a lot lower for a Lyneham inbound.

Saudi Hercs go into Warton fairly often in connection with Tornado support, so I'd guess that's where it went.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Runway 31

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 06:09:04 PM »
It was a Chengdu F 1.  The aircraft data had been saved with no pictures and the system autopoulated the first 2 pictures from the query for 1622.

These have been deleted from the database and 2 correct pictures added.

You will require to delete the pictures from the aircraft details in database explorer then you should see the correct ones next time you pick up the aircraft.

Alan
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 06:13:09 PM by Runway 31 »

chewycanes

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 06:26:09 PM »
Thanks for the info.
Chewycanes

Northern Watch

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 07:58:36 AM »
Hi Runway 31,

I see Airframes.org still has this as a C130, who updates their database?

Rgds

NW

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 08:09:34 AM »
Sorry Northern Watch, I meant the picture was of a Chengdu. The 1622 noted was a C130 as detailed.  Apologies for not being clear.

Alan

chewycanes

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 01:15:57 PM »
Hi Runway 31 or any one else i am back again.

I deleted the the following picture links from Database explorer (PT LK PT2 LK2) which i believe is what Runway31 was kindly suggesting.

However picked up Saudi Airforce 1622 C130 again today and the pictures were  of the Thai fighter again. I checked the Database explorer and picture link fields were still blank.

I opened Mylog and found the Saudi 1622 C130 and once again i got the Thai fighter.

Obviously the Database Explorer did not update for some reason and Mylog still links to the Thai Fighter.

Have i not deleted something ?  Is there a link in Mylog to the photos?

Thanks
Brian

ACW367

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 01:39:38 PM »
Hi Runway 31 or any one else i am back again.

I deleted the the following picture links from Database explorer (PT LK PT2 LK2) which i believe is what Runway31 was kindly suggesting.

However picked up Saudi Airforce 1622 C130 again today and the pictures were  of the Thai fighter again. I checked the Database explorer and picture link fields were still blank.

I opened Mylog and found the Saudi 1622 C130 and once again i got the Thai fighter.

Obviously the Database Explorer did not update for some reason and Mylog still links to the Thai Fighter.

Have i not deleted something ?  Is there a link in Mylog to the photos?

Thanks
Brian

It is a bug which Airnav Development are still investigating.  When they created the Database updating system, the idea was that we as updaters would put photo links into the database only of the correct airframes.  These would then get sent to users as they picked the aircraft up.  

However there is a bug in that the links that we enter on the database are not getting to users.  Airnav are investigating.  In the meantime users recieving aircraft still operate under the original photo request concept.  Whereby users individually trigger the Airnav server to search the entire Airliners.net site on their behalf.  What is returned is the two most viewed photos in the ANet site matching that query.  In this case the most viewed picture for an aircraft with the registration 1622 is the fighter and not the Hercules.  Over 6200 views for the fighter, 2800 views for the Herc.

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?regsearch=1622

Until Airnav fix the bug and you get the links we are inputting, you will always get the fighter (and a corrupted ICAO type field), no matter how many times you try to change it.  Unless you open and close the Hercules picture 3500 times on Airliners.net first, to make it the most viewed picture rather than the fighter.

Airnav currently have not given a timescale to fix the bug, although we have highlighted to them in June that it is a critical bug, as this thread and others comments on the data update thread prove.  
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 01:48:57 PM by ACW367 »

chewycanes

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 01:59:43 PM »
Thanks ACW367 for the heads up.

I thought it was me doing something incorrectly.

No matter how disappointed i am that i do not get to see the Hercules when i get 1622 i don't think i will be able to find the time to open and close the picture so many times.

Let hope an update is soon.

Brian

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 02:42:13 PM »

It's actually a Taiwan (RoC) Air Force AIDC Ching Kuo, the Thais don't operate any Chinese aircraft.

Perhaps we could get the Saudis and Taiwanese to agree not to use the same serial numbers ?  It's very inconsiderate of them  :-)
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

chewycanes

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 02:57:53 PM »
Stand corrected Taiwan not Thai.

It still don't look like a C130.

Perhaps rather than open and close the C130 picture so many times or wait for an update it would be quicker for me to email the Saudi Airforce and get them to alter the C130 aircraft registration.

I will probably never pick it up again.

brian

Runway 31

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 03:03:55 PM »
Thats a different aircraft showing today from that of yesterday.  I can confirm that the same 2 correct pictures are still linked to the correct Saudi C130 in the updater.  I have done all I can its up to Airnav now.

Alan

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 08:47:57 PM »

It's actually a Taiwan (RoC) Air Force AIDC Ching Kuo, the Thais don't operate any Chinese aircraft.

Perhaps we could get the Saudis and Taiwanese to agree not to use the same serial numbers ?  It's very inconsiderate of them  :-)

Or alternatively, spend the next few months continually bombarding "Airliners" ,viewing pictures of known "serial clashes" to make sure the ones we pick up, become the most popular viewed, and hence become the picture AirNav's server goes for

;-)

I'll start a rota, Dave, you've got first shift on the Saudi Herc !!!

Edit - sorry Brian! I think you may have beat me to it in your later post - great minds think alike?

Rich
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 08:50:10 PM by Marpleman »