AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RB 2008 Crashed computer - SQL error now stopping program working  (Read 32568 times)

markyeulett

Air Nav

This morning after 2 hours of operation my computer crashed with a serious error caused by RB 2008.  On re-boot the machine works fine but RB2008 will not boot up.  I get an SQL error (see attached file for full details).  From what I can make out the checkdb.dll file is corrupted.  I have uninstalled and re-installed software but the problem persists.  Anybody else had this - what do I need to do to fix?

Anybody else had this - ideas - Its really frustrating cos I am now locked out?

Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: RB 2008 Crashed computer - SQL error now stopping program working
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 01:01:50 PM »
In your AirNav RadarBox 2008\Data folder, do you see any db3-journal files, named NavData.db3-journal and MyLog.db3-journal?

You could try deleting the journal files.  BIG WARNING - this may result in you losing some information.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 01:03:33 PM by tarbat »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 01:03:21 PM »
After you have uninstalled, go back to the RadarBox 2008 folder in program files and remove any files in the data folder. Note: This will remove any enteries you had in the database.

Then install again. Important you seem to one the few customers who either is running RB without the internet or with a internet connection which is dropping (or wireless). For that reason insure when you start to disable sharing and turn the network off.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

markyeulett

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 01:08:17 PM »
thx will try that and let you know - I have internet running on this machine which is the one that crashed so you can rule that out

markyeulett

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 01:16:37 PM »
tried that folks and same problem persists - however the uninstall did not seem to work correctly.  When I re-installed it told me that for a number of the files the programme was unable to overwrite the existing files.  should i delete all of the folders manually using file manager?

markyeulett

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 01:20:53 PM »
just tried to install into a seperate folder and problem persists

markyeulett

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 01:28:09 PM »
just renamed original files and moved them to another folder and re-installed and the problem persists

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 01:29:41 PM »
Uninstall and then delete the RadarBox 2008 folder and install again.
You may have had the internet connection on but it might have dropped or if it was wireless that may have dropped.
[email protected]

markyeulett

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 01:41:46 PM »
Done and back working - thanks (I had to manually delete everything).  Any idea what caused the crash - has this occured before?

markyeulett

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 01:44:23 PM »
i saved my data folder - is there any way to copy that back and replace the new one?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, 01:47:05 PM »
There isn't it has been corrupted.

Important you seem to one the few customers who either is running RB without the internet or with a internet connection which is dropping (or wireless). For that reason insure when you start to disable sharing and turn the network off. So far out of the 300+ customers who have upgrade you are one of the few who have that this issue.

Its is being looked into.
[email protected]

markyeulett

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2008, 01:59:30 PM »
the data file was not the one that was corrupted it was the checkdb.dll file  - if its not corrupted how would you do it?

markyeulett

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2008, 02:01:03 PM »
done it - just copied it all back and overwrote the files - brilliant !! I will be an expert soon :-)

Thx

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 02:20:15 PM »
Important you seem to one the few customers who either is running RB without the internet or with a internet connection which is dropping (or wireless). For that reason insure when you start to disable sharing and turn the network off. So far out of the 300+ customers who have upgrade you are one of the few who have that this issue.

RadarBox 2008 runs very well without an internet connection.  I have been running it for 6 hours at a time on a laptop without an internet connection. 

The problem as I see it is when you are running RadarBox on an Internet computer and for whatever reason, the internet connection briefly drops.  I suffer from this problem due to my location.  A wireless internet connection is always going to be a potential problem, as the connection can drop out every now and then.

So, what we need in the next RadarBox bug fix, is a more robust response to the internet dropping out.

As I was typing this, I got a red light on my modem as the internet dropped out again - the problem with living away from the town is that the phone lines have to stretch further :-(

RadarBox froze to a white screen due to the internet dropout. Closed it using the red X top right (which still works!) and started it again no problem.

Deadcalm

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2008, 03:08:00 PM »
I now have a similar problem - my computer has crashed and rebooted.  When I re-started RadarBox, the following error message appeared:

SQLite Error 26 - file is encrypted or is not a database

And RadarBox refuses to start.  I'm going to uninstall, remove the 2008 directory, clean the registry and re-install.  I do hope this isn't going to be a persistent problem...

Although I have been connected on and off to the internet, I was not connected when the crash occurred.

DC

** Update - that seemed to work!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 03:13:08 PM by Deadcalm »
Go around, I say again go around...