anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MLAT  (Read 48609 times)

cool_1

Re: MLAT
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2011, 05:50:54 PM »
Airnav,

Well thats debateable.
Can you really say that I'm getting what Ive paid for ? (After paying extra for 3D interface).  

See attached photo.    

As you can see, I have only (approx)  10% of the 3D models expected, and and I cannot select any aircraft without going back  to 2D network.  (so I cannot see the 3D descent paths !)
Add to that the lack of MLAT  (OK its a feature in progress)  and its a bit like booking a holiday in a posh hotel, and when you turn up to use the HUGE pool, the swimming pool is actually only 1/10th full.  So no diving !

Its VERY frustrating...

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2011, 06:30:25 PM »
As said issues with bugs will be looked at and we have already said that a few times now and we understand the grievances behind this and will be rectifying this. We apologise for the issues caused and will be doing our best to change this.

However MLAT is a feature we are working on for the future. It is not something that was a stated feature when anyone bought RadarBox.

We feel we have said enough on this topic now, the thread has brought out the resident trouble makers and people promoting other products. Anymore silly discussion and this topic will be locked.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 07:27:01 PM by AirNav Support »
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2011, 07:31:40 PM »
Some users write message that are totally the opposite of what's going on: RadarBox is now and by far the leader in Virtual Radar Systems, is being used by hundreds of professional customers all over the world and by thousands of enthusiasts. It continues to set the standards on this area with a superior software and hardware, simple, easy to use and sales continue string after almost 3 years since release.

It has problems? Yes. Any software nowadays has problems and there is always room for improvement. We are aware of that. Microsoft Windows is in its seventh version, Apple will release iphone 5. RadarBox will continue to be improved. We have never and will never make false promises at AirNav Systems to try to keep customers with us.

Now its time for ShipTrax which is as addictive as RadarBox and the hardware represents an important improvement over other existing receivers with almost always better results in all conditions and for the first time ever with a simultaneous ethernet, USB and serial output.

Please be patient as we have dozens of new ideas for RadarBox which will be implementd after ShipTrax is released. You are part of the biggest Virtual Radar Community and be sure we are here to work hard and continue to improve all our products.

Tramline

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2011, 07:45:02 PM »

Please be patient as we have dozens of new ideas for RadarBox which will be implementd after ShipTrax is released. You are part of the biggest Virtual Radar Community and be sure we are here to work hard and continue to improve all our products.

Can you kindly advise when you expect Shiptrax to be released then if only to give us a clue when to expect these ideas for RB to surface.

P.S I saw a ship last week leaving Southampton, it was moving so slowly I was able to get my binoculars out read the name and port, have  a pint then fire up the netbook, eat a sandwich and read up all about the ship.  I looked up and the ship was still in sight.   Exciting stuff......
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

Hawkeye

« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2011, 08:24:32 PM »
B****y hell Tramline. All that detail from 2 miles south of Heathrow. Where did you get binoculars like that from?  Exciting stuff indeed!!

Regards
Syd :-)

Tramline

« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2011, 08:39:07 PM »
B****y hell Tramline. All that detail from 2 miles south of Heathrow. Where did you get binoculars like that from?  Exciting stuff indeed!!

Regards
Syd :-)

I was at Southampton Docks! I saw this ship and Zzzzzzzzzzzz......

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2011, 08:41:03 PM »
Now its time for ShipTrax which is as addictive as RadarBox

No, it isn't time for ShipTrax.  At least, it shouldn't be?

I didn't buy an aviation related product, to be continually told that  the clearing of known issues were on hold until a totally new non-aviation product was launched, considerably later than initially promised.

Whilst part of me sympathises with your desires to enter into the nautical market, I find it remarkably naive to keep using this excuse to block development of an existing product.

I work for a very succesful US owned semiconductor manufacturer, some end products of which will undoubtedly be within the "guts" of everyones laptop/pc and even RadarBox of everyone on this forum.

We serve two distinct customer product bases - analogue products and discrete products.
I really hate to think what one set of customers would do if they were told, "sorry guys, it's time for analogue! We're only going to look at developing discrete products once we've sorted out our desires in the analogue market".

That is effectively what you are implying above.

Both sets of customers should be catered for at the same time.If they can't, then I think we're looking at a distinct lack of resource available to maintain a stable platform for RadarBox to grow from?

To be honest, this is nothing more than simple business common sense.

We don't even have two sets of customers here, as we only have one product!

Unfortunately MLAT gets drawn into this debate - it's inevitable, especially as you've implied it is on the horizon? however, it's not really the core issue.

It may sound harsh, but to abandon your existing customer base, on the whim of a new untried product, is akin to committing commercial suicide.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2011, 08:43:29 PM »
>It may sound harsh, but to abandon your existing customer base, on the whim of a new untried product, is akin to committing commercial suicide.

Copying the last statement of our post: "You are part of the biggest Virtual Radar Community and be sure we are here to work hard and continue to improve all our products.".

Tramline

« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2011, 08:47:18 PM »

Can you kindly advise when you expect Shiptrax to be released then if only to give us a clue when to expect these ideas for RB to surface?

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2011, 09:18:31 PM »
Hello

I dont really understand why all the Radarbox users on here are so against Shiptrax as there is no obligation for any of us to buy shiptrax just because we have Radarbox. There will be a completely new set of people who will appreciate Shiptrax as we do Radarbox. Not all aviation enthusiasts like ships but also not all ship enthusiasts like aviation. Each of these products will have their own following and if the dislike of Shiptrax is because of the delay in updates, then, as said earlier we still have the coverage on Radarbox to what we got it for in the first place.

Andrew

Chris11

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2011, 05:40:18 AM »
No one is against Shiptrax. It is just irritating that it is absorbing every minute of development time so not even minor bugs in RB are being fixed

eyeinthesky

« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2011, 07:37:39 AM »
Well said chris and to the point, but will they listen to what we have to say,
and orkney yes keep the shiptrax to their own forum not here.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 07:41:09 AM by eyeinthesky »
Using the Canon 10x30 IS Binoculars with Image Stabilisation, Brilliant job on a clear day.

bratters

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2011, 08:47:41 AM »
Hello

I dont really understand why all the Radarbox users on here are so against Shiptrax as there is no obligation for any of us to buy shiptrax just because we have Radarbox. There will be a completely new set of people who will appreciate Shiptrax as we do Radarbox. Not all aviation enthusiasts like ships but also not all ship enthusiasts like aviation. Each of these products will have their own following and if the dislike of Shiptrax is because of the delay in updates, then, as said earlier we still have the coverage on Radarbox to what we got it for in the first place.

Andrew

C'mon Andrew, let's think about it. Nobody has said anything against Shiptrax. I'm sure it is - or will be when released - a first class product. Maybe some on here will buy it.

But, whilst it is an Airnav brand, it has naff all to with Radarbox and aviation, which is why we are all gathered here.

Look at this way - my Saab needs a service. I take into my dealer and he says  " sorry, can't touch that for a while, we're behind in our aircraft development".

Diversification means many product ranges, but each product has to have its own integrity and its own management . You can't sell toasters one day and knitting needles the next.  That won't work - and judging by all the rumblings on here, it isn't doing.

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2011, 09:14:40 AM »
Bratters

By the time your SAAB gets serviced, it will be out of warranty ;-)

I find it disheartening that we have to start using ridiculous analogies like you and I do to get the message across........

But hey-ho, we've got a patch of sunny weather approaching, so it's onto the box for a couple of hours

Just hope none of the bugs rear their ugly heads whilst I'm using it!

Rich

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2011, 09:25:37 AM »
But, whilst it is an Airnav brand, it has naff all to with Radarbox and aviation, which is why we are all gathered here.

It does has something to do with aviation if you want to track the position of search and rescue helicopters ;)
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=5639.0