anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MLAT  (Read 48613 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: MLAT
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2010, 10:35:52 PM »

air7677

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2010, 10:58:23 PM »
John here is another book for bedtime.
http://www.multilateration.com/surveillance/intro.html
from pat

SpeedWagon

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 04:03:14 PM »
MLAT in Canada:

http://www.navcanada.ca/NavCanada.asp?Language=en&Content=ContentDefinitionFiles\Newsroom\Backgrounders\wide_area_multilateration.xml

Unfortunately MLAT is not of much use to us amateurs here in Canada due to the lack of receivers.

Hoff12

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2011, 07:45:59 PM »
Airnav team,

Is there any update on Mlat? Been 6 months since this was last discussed.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2011, 08:14:11 PM »
Work is in progress. We will update everyone when we have news.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Tramline

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2011, 10:53:49 PM »
Work is in progress. We will update everyone when we have news.

Can you give some kind of time-scale, any indication at all please?
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2011, 10:58:48 PM »
At this time we will not give any time scale. We are working hard on the background on several new systems and they will be announced when we have more news.

Next in line is ShipTrax and after that... :-)

ACW367

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2011, 11:42:27 PM »

???.....a small patch to 4.03 that cures the bugs that corrupt the data, thus finally after a number of months giving users a stable and bug free 4.03, whilst they continue to wait for the long term developments of any other products you have been promising????  :-)

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 11:47:48 PM »
At this time we will not give any time scale. We are working hard on the background on several new systems and they will be announced when we have more news.

Hi ANDev, this is the same old tale we've been told for months (years even), is MLat with the existing RB even possible? or will MLat only be available with a "MkII"?   Come on, it's long gone time for some real truthful answers.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

bratters

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2011, 05:45:29 AM »

Hi ANDev, this is the same old tale we've been told for months (years even), is MLat with the existing RB even possible? or will MLat only be available with a "MkII"?   Come on, it's long gone time for some real truthful answers.

Yep, I have to agree with you Jon. Many of us have been with Airnav for years and we've waited patiently for the much heralded bug fixes and updates which never appear.

Meanwhile things have moved on in the field but it's only because of volunteer updaters and FDL that Airnav has made any progress at at all.

It's time we customers had some up front answers, not just the same empty promises?

satcom

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2011, 07:20:52 AM »
All this criticism of AirNav  saddens me as I know how extremely difficult it is to help set up and maintain a multilateration network  , having done it for over three years on a voluntary basis.

We all know that there is only one way to get Multilateration and that facility is open to AirNav users as it is to any other virtual radar device owners.

The system operates in harmony , not in competition with , AirNav box owners.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 07:39:38 AM »
We all know that there is only one way to get Multilateration and that facility is open to AirNav users as it is to any other virtual radar device owners.

Agreed.  If Radarbox users want to make use of a multilateration network, then they can do so NOW, they don't have to wait for anything.  And Radarbox 3D users can even display MLAT'ed aircraft in Radarbox itself, they don't need to look at a seperate Planeplotter display.
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4578

bratters

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2011, 08:48:16 AM »
All very well Satcom & Tarbat but I don't want to use Planeplotter particularly - nor for that matter FDL - nor for that matter do I think that the databases should be compiled by our members.

What we're talking about is a PROFESSIONAL outfit - Airnav - and a professional product - Radarbox. This should not have to be supported by amateur (with all due respects) and outside organisations, however good they are.

I like my radarbox - it is a good piece of kit and performs more or less as I expected it to. The question being asked of the manufacturers on their own forum is in 2 parts:

1. The long awaited bug fixes referred to above by ACW367 - how much longer will we have to wait?

2. The introduction of Mlat or Airnav alternative - is anything planned and if so how far away is it?

All that Coastguardjon, ACW and myself are asking for is an alternative answer to the "wait & see" that we've been given for a couple of years now. We're grown enough to take the truth, be it six weeks, six months or six years.

That seems reasonable enough to me.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2011, 09:03:34 AM »
All,

Our priority will be the bug fixes and requests that have been asked for. As soon as ShipTrax is released our developers time will be fully dedicated to rectifying these issues and working further on the software. We sincerely apologise for the delay in this however Live Flight Tracker and ShipTrax had suffered longer delays and had to be a priority first.

MLAT however has been worked on since last year. This is not an easy project as we have mentioned before and will take time. We cannot say when it will be released and anymore details for commercial reasons.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2011, 09:25:48 AM »
I guess I take the view that I never rely on "vapourware" announcements from any manufacturer.  Until a feature is actually announced, don't rely on it.  I've been dissapointed too often over the years from various software and hardware companies over features that take longer to appear than expected, or never appear at all.

If you're desperate to use multilateration now, then there are solutions that work with Radarbox - until you see the words "MLAT" on a Radabox screenshot ;) (joke!!)

Although I find that I don't bother with MLAT now - after the initial excitement of the feature in Planeplotter, I've gone back to using just basic ADS/B reception in Radarbox.