anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MLAT  (Read 48608 times)

sandhl

MLAT
« on: September 11, 2010, 12:08:54 PM »
Airnav Support Team

Would you be able to kindly let the forum members know what your current thinking on MLAT implementation is?

It was mentioned a while ago but we have not heard anything for a while.

Thanks

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: MLAT
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 12:12:12 PM »
When we have the details to announce we will announce them on the forum. We know customers are eagerly awaiting this and our team is working hard as well.

For obvious reasons due to competitors we will not be releasing any information till near the release.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

sandhl

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 12:13:42 PM »
Could you say whether the announcement is likely to be in 2010 or 2011?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 12:23:38 PM »
Sorry we can't disclose that yet. Even we don't know in support :) They are keeping tight lipped.
[email protected]

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 01:01:12 PM »
It would also be useful to know the ballpark cost of the new MLat-capable hardware, and whether there will be an upgrade path from the current RadarBox, but I guess that's also considered a sensitive topic at the moment for competitive reasons.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 01:04:40 PM »
We are not confirming that nor whether you need a new box or not (which we know what your actual question was after)

All details will be announced near release. Till then we just have to wait :)
[email protected]

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 02:27:55 PM »
We are not confirming that nor whether you need a new box or not (which we know what your actual question was after).

I wasn't asking a question. 

Nobody seriously believes you can do MLat with the current RadarBox hardware.  Whether or not you wish to acknowlege that at this stage is of course up to you.

Feel free to tell me I'm wrong.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 10:57:33 AM »
We have removed a post which was deemed advertising in this thread.

We have no problem with the mentioning of addons but please do not post just to advertise them and promote them. These posts will be removed for obvious reasons.
[email protected]

Mixism

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 03:10:40 PM »
It's been a while any new information on the mlat feature?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 03:18:47 PM »
Its been worked on, we have a few products/software to release in 2011 that we have been busy with it.

For obvious reasons due to competitors we will not be releasing any information till however till near the release.
[email protected]

DaveG

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 06:10:42 PM »
Airnav, does this mean "It is actively being worked on at this time" ? or is ShipTrax still the only product being worked on?

On the topic, how can releasing little details about your mlat progress help competitors when Radarbox is now the only box without a Mlat feature, all your competitors have already implemented the feature.

Lets have a simple answer then to a simple question:  Will Airnav's Mlat require a new box or will it be designed to work with my current box?
Cornwall, UK

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 07:59:22 PM »
DaveG.

There a few products being worked at present and MLAT is one of those. Our competitors have not implemented anything, the actual data is being taken from there receivers and being worked on elsewhere. What we want to do is to provide MLAT so it can work in our network environment and be seamless in the RadarBox software.

This is not just a change of adding extra time commands to the port data. This includes updating the software, having servers ready to handle the MLAT processing, testing etc.. This is not something which is a simple or quick task therefore we are taking our time on this for the right reasons.

Many have spread rumours that we are doing nothing which is totally incorrect. There is a lot of work which is going on behind the scenes and in 2011 you will get to see the level of work that has been put in.

We won't be answering your question as it is something our competitors also want to know and is something that will be revealed when it is about to be released. We understand you have questions you want answered but like many products, very few details are released untill its ready.
[email protected]

DaveG

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 08:18:56 PM »
Support, thanks for the reply and it is a little informative, so thanks for that.  But hope you can understand the big question that everyone is looking for, including me is will it work with my current box or not.

If it does great and I look forward to the release, but if new hardware is needed then my current box would become defunct if I wish to run Mlat on the Airnav network and would need to splash out cash on a new box.  

As for not releasing info until is about to be released due to competition, maybe in future it would be best not to publish or even hint that someone is being worked on if it can't be either delivered or explained until sometime in the distant undefined future, would save lots of questions I'm sure your tired of reading.

One final comment, and please this is just observation and no idea how valid.  Would an Airnav Network only Mlat system have sufficient coverage to be able to provide mlat plots?  The benefit with the third party option is greater coverage of all boxes and chances of valid plots.

Cheers
Dave
Cornwall, UK

air7677

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 08:49:58 PM »
quote:
"This is not just a change of adding extra time commands to the port data. This includes updating the software, having servers ready to handle the MLAT processing, testing etc.. This is not something which is a simple or quick task therefore we are taking our time on this for the right reasons".

Thanks for the reply and all understood and i hope you have a good year in 2011.
from pat

John Racars

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 10:25:19 PM »
Hi All,

I am verry sorry. I was offline for a while. What is "MLAT"?

Thank you in advance for your answer.
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4