AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New data lost if Radarbox software crashes!  (Read 40802 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: New data lost if Radarbox software crashes!
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2010, 01:10:53 PM »
Why so many crashes ????????????????

Probably a software conflict on your PC.   My Radarbox hasn't crashed for months (or even years!!).

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2010, 01:17:01 PM »
Have you tried another pc to see whether it happens on others?

It may be a process of elimination, try the following:

- Disconnecting other USB devices
- Updating all your drivers and applying all Windows Updates
- Stop all power saving
- Try a fresh install of RadarBox and see whether that run fine, if your RB has crashed before it may have got corrupted.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Aerotower

« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2010, 01:39:59 PM »
Have you tried another PC to see whether it happens on others?

Just got this PC, the other is still with the windows 98 and I can not change the OS.

It May Be a process of elimination, try The Following:

- Disconnecting other USB devices
Only the mouse is connected via USB.
- Updating all your drivers and all Windows Updates Applying
They are all updated.
- Stop all power saving
It's all off.
- Try a fresh install of RadarBox and see whether That run fine, if your RB Has crashed before it got corrupted May Have.
I had done a clean install, and just kept Mylog.db3 Navdata.db3

andrewarles

• Database Updaters
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2010, 01:43:59 PM »
All,

For the time being all is OK - apart from a scare yesterday when the files stopped jumping around, but this time I didn't loose any data when I quit and restarted the software (watching a live stream was probably the reason why it slowed down).

There is however a positive point from all this - Since I have changed the installation from the default installation to installing in c:\Airnav (as recommended by tarbat) the windows are acting much better, or normally.

Before, when you had the Db or MyLog windows open - on top of the main software window - when you went to another window, in my case Firefox on a second screen, it kept closing the window.  Now it stays open as you would expect.  Also, when the main program window was maximized it wouldn't except another window on top of it. Now it does.

Unfortunately there is a small negative point with the Map Colours.  On the map view it's impossible to change the background colour of Terrain>0ft.  It indicates black on the elevation list under Preferences, Map Colors, but it's the same colour as the sea (blue) on the map view.  It wasn't like that before.

Andrew
16 NM SSW of LFMV (Avignon)
27 NM NW of LFML (Marseille)
Arles, France.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2010, 01:47:19 PM »
There is however a positive point from all this - Since I have changed the installation from the default installation to installing in c:\Airnav (as recommended by tarbat) the windows are acting much better, or normally.

See Airnav, you really do need to change the installer to avoid installation in the Program Files directory.

Andrew, try exporting the colour scheme, save it as "Real Radar".

EK01

« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2010, 03:28:28 PM »
Or save as 'New Colour 1'.

Runway 31

« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2010, 04:40:36 PM »
I run XP on my main computer and having run run Airnav from the program files for 18 months I havn' had a bit of a problem.    May well be different for Vista or Windows 7.

Alan

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2010, 04:48:17 PM »
hello Alan

Yes, Xp doesn't have the "virtual store" that causes the problems in the later windows so you shouldn't suffer any ill effects.

Andrew

Runway 31

« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2010, 05:09:12 PM »
Thanks Andrew, thats good need to check out my laptop as its Vista and I only use it for holdays, fingers crossed have not had any problems on it yet but dont want to so will move it if need be.

Alan

Aerotower

« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2010, 01:23:29 PM »
Crashed when closing and was using almost 100% of CPU.

Aerotower

« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2010, 07:28:16 AM »
Another crash, I start getting really tired. Especially for losing planes hardly turn to pick.

I need solutions !!!!!!!!!

TEDDYBEAR

« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2010, 12:27:03 PM »
andrewarles, what operating system are you running?  If Vista or Win7, and you installed in the default location (C:\Program Files....), then the databases will be in the Virtual Store.  That may be causing the problems, so you're better to install outside of the Virtual Store.  Try installing in C:\Airnav instead, and see if that solves your problems.

Secondly, what File System are you using?  Is it NTFS?

In my experience, database updates get commited to the .db3 databases every few seconds.  The .db3-journal files always remain small (<40k).  So, check you .db3-journal files in the Virtual Store.  If they continue to increase in size, then you have a file system problem.

For a description of how SQLite implements database commits, see http://www.sqlite.org/atomiccommit.html
http://www.sqlite.org/lockingv3.html
[/quoteNot quite the same regarding losing data but I had no journal files and could not find them. As I run Vista and followed the suggestion from tarbet regarding installing into C:| instead of C:|Programme Files the journal files are "singing & dancing". The only problem now is I have lost the network, the icon showing red and not connected. Have uncoupled and coupled internet connection, made sure that the McAffee is allowing data to/from anrb to go through. Any suggestions.
Teddybear

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2010, 12:54:09 PM »
AeroTower,

We have asked you before on a few sperate occasions to contact us directly so we can check debug files so we can see whats causing your issue. Please do this.

We still believe however the crashing issue is related to either your computer setup or a computer issue. We do urge you to try it on another pc to rule computer issues out. See if you can try it on a freinds pc for a bit.

Teddybear,

Have you checked you have ticked the get network flights box? Also have you checked your network hasn't expired.
[email protected]

TEDDYBEAR

« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2010, 01:14:03 PM »
Air Nav Support.
Have looked in File/Preferences all boxes are ticked although I cannot find one that says "Get Network Flights". Network data was renewed on 2010/07/04 so should still be valid.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2010, 01:19:57 PM »
Click the network tab (next to MyFlights). Then look at the bottom left hand corner of your screen (if your flights are on that side) and you should see a tick box.
[email protected]