AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New data lost if Radarbox software crashes!  (Read 40791 times)

Chris11

Re: New data lost if Radarbox software crashes!
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2010, 03:44:22 PM »
Lets put it in perspective. I am uploading my data only because I want to share it with other people who live elsewhere in the World. In exchange I get to see their data. There are of course people that will gladly look at my data but not share their data with me. (As an aside - Eggy - you did not answer the question - Do you ever look at the network data? Not even one peek ;)  ).

I paid AN for the hardware, the software and for them to store data that allows new  aircraft to populate automatically.

PS - I upload data to radar24.com, radarvirtuel.com and two others as well - AND I have donated to some of the sites to help them pay for the service I receive.

eggplant

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2010, 03:45:20 PM »
Here we go again - a constructive discussion degenerates into infantile antics. Why can you cannot simply accept I have a valid point of view ??? As usual any negative comments, albeit constructive ones,  about AN are deemed to be made by the "other side". Yawn Yawn. Indeed AN please lock this thread due to other posters being unable to have a mature discussion.
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

Chris11

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2010, 03:46:29 PM »
Not at all - I respect your decision... as long as you don't look at my data ;) :) :)

eggplant

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2010, 03:49:44 PM »
Not at all - I respect your decision... as long as you don't look at my data ;) :) :)

Nice one Chris !
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

andrewarles

• Database Updaters
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2010, 03:50:53 PM »
Guys,

Can we please get back to the issue regarding the data loss.

I don't want this thread to be locked because the issue is an important one.

Thanks
16 NM SSW of LFMV (Avignon)
27 NM NW of LFML (Marseille)
Arles, France.

eggplant

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2010, 03:52:07 PM »
Guys,

Can we please get back to the issue regarding the data loss.

I don't want this thread to be locked because the issue is an important one.

Thanks

Well said Andrew.

EK01

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2010, 03:55:46 PM »

Well said Chris and I see eggplant actually agrees with you ! Maybe the rest of us who gladly share are finally getting through ! As for the discussion degenerating into 'infantile antics', I am sure AN would not consider their work and hard earned profits to be an 'infantile' discussion.

Andrewarles,
Apologies for the thread going off subject but we all know who to blame for that! You can follow the many posts regarding ticking/unticking boxes and the sharing/non sharing of data elsewhere on the forum should you wish to do so but we really have heard it all before. So I agree, let's get back to your issue regarding data loss.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 04:12:36 PM by EK01 »

Aerotower

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2010, 04:35:00 PM »
Returned to crash now, I'm starting to get sick ..... Lose data almost every day!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2010, 05:38:05 PM »
andrewarles,

In your AirNav Systems -> RadarBox folder you should find the data folder. You should see MyLog.db3 and NavData.db3. You will also see those files with .bak extension incase the main database gets corrupts.

Also if RadarBox is running you will see the db3 journal files which contain the "updates" which are then written into the database. You should see these file size changing as they are written in and cleared.

RadarBox is very stable, as well the customers who run it 24/7 we have many sites which do the same.

Firstly ensure you are using the latest version and also get back to us whether you have any other software running at the same time. Lastly how long does it take for it to crash? is it a few hours or a few days or random.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2010, 06:15:11 PM »
hello

From our past experience, If ANRB is installed in the default location in vista (and win 7?) the databases will only save when the software is shut off correctly but if you install ANRB in C:/Airnav systems or some other non "program Files" location it should work fine.

Andrew

Aerotower

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2010, 06:44:00 PM »
I have always files .bak .

Lastly how long does it take for it to crash? is it a few hours or a few days or random.

In my case is random. With or without a "Network" connected.

PC:
Windows 7 Ultimate
Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.40GHz

eggplant

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2010, 06:52:26 PM »

Well said Chris and I see eggplant actually agrees with you ! Maybe the rest of us who gladly share are finally getting through !

You're not.

I am sure AN would not consider their work and hard earned profits to be an 'infantile' discussion.

Eh ??? This makes no sense....

andrewarles

• Database Updaters
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2010, 10:00:37 PM »
From our past experience, If ANRB is installed in the default location in vista (and win 7?) the databases will only save when the software is shut off correctly but if you install ANRB in C:/Airnav systems or some other non "program Files" location it should work fine.

AirNav, is that correct?

Andrew
16 NM SSW of LFMV (Avignon)
27 NM NW of LFML (Marseille)
Arles, France.

eggplant

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2010, 10:03:18 PM »
Mine is installed in C:/Airnav and my experiences show that it only saves the data on shutdown. Airnav ?

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2010, 10:12:09 PM »
eggplant: like we've told many times in the past, there is a proper forum for mode-s receivers which was created with the support of our competitors where a group of people spend their days reporting false facts and misconceptions about RadarBox with hidden commercial intentions.

Being this issue discussed so many and knowing that AirNav Systems position will not change, why don't you spend the rest of your time there posting your opinion week after week after week (or daily if you prefer)?

I'm sure you will have a lot of success but then, you will be in contradiction again as you will just contribute to the pockets of SBS/ML&S/Kinetic who support that forum in the background.

In simple words, respect our forum users as no one is interested in these kind of debates that will drive nowhere.

In the meanwhile we assure you that unlike other companies, development and work continues at AirNav for the benefit of all.