AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Renaissance, Heathrow  (Read 14191 times)

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Renaissance, Heathrow
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2010, 05:38:18 PM »
Perhaps they can offer snow-plough-spotters breaks!

Rod
Rod

eggplant

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2010, 11:52:20 PM »
I could offer a break to BAA on a free of charge basis - the break would be a clean one to the neck ! Myself, my wife and two young children just spent last night trying to sleep on the cold floor of Terminal 3 arrivals lounge. Only space we could find was near the door.  Most of the stranded passengers were okay, but I was seriously upset when I attempted to gain one of the last sandwiches on the shelf in a shop. Situation was near bedlam. The sandwich was for my 6 year old son whom was hungry. An ignorant fat bastard elected to push in front of me and snatched the remaining sandwiches. We unhappily settled for the last can of pringles. Queued for 20 minutes - only to be told by the store manager they were closing and we couldn't buy the pringles ! We were unceremoniously ejected from the shop along with all others in the queue. My son burst into tears ... "but Daddy I am hungry". I am not an aggressive chap, but how I restrained myself is beyond me. Overnight my son couldn't sleep, being as he was cold and hungry - luckily my 3 year old daughter managed to sleep on top of my wife. A few drunken idiots shouting profanities wasn't good, although I had the entertainment of watching the rarely seen policemen chasing the drunk around. Ho hum, our well planned 3 week holiday is now screwed, and we are all back home.

The baggage collection area was a shambles. All carousel screens stated "not in service". We had to search through literally thousands of bags to find ours. Every airport staff I asked for assistance said "I don't know" - or words to the same effect.

Credit to Marks and Spencer shop. We finally got a packet of fruit to eat there. Whilst I was queuing, my wife needed to take my daughter to the toilet, and asked an Italian chap to watch our bags. Not only did he watch the bags - he also insisted  upon giving his fleece jacket to my wife to keep her and my daughter warm. He refused to take his jacket back even when I re-appeared with my son. What a nice guy.

Sigh - sorry for the rant... just have to get it off my chest !!
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

Tramline

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2010, 08:54:22 AM »
We unhappily settled for the last can of pringles.....

I really wanted those Pringles as well.....I was hoping to get the Prawn Cocktail flavour but a woman took the last of them and I was left staring like you at the Sour Cream and Chive variety which I don't like.
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

sandhl

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2010, 10:59:59 PM »
I disagree. Sour Cream and Chive is the best one!