AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flight Number / Call sign Database significantly increased  (Read 19760 times)

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
Re: Flight Number / Call sign Database significantly increased
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 06:09:59 PM »
and use words of one sylable/small please.  :-)
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

EK01

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 06:44:41 PM »
Here at Alicante, where there are many Ryanair/Easyjet and Air Berlin flights arriving and departing on a daily basis using alpha/numeric flight id's, the routing information has been  missing for the majority of the flights in spite of the so called 'improvements' to the database. I have certainly seen no improvements.

neroon79

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 06:13:22 AM »
Instead of getting more improvements with alphanumeric flight id's I'm getting routing information for the FIS/FCS Aircraft stationed in EDVB now. I guess it doesn't make any sense to provide routings for any FCK*** flights. Or am I wrong here on the plane?
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

John Racars

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 07:49:19 AM »
Here at Alicante, where there are many Ryanair/Easyjet and Air Berlin flights arriving and departing on a daily basis using alpha/numeric flight id's, the routing information has been  missing for the majority of the flights

Is it an idea to ask Ryanair/Easyjet and Air Berlin directly for this information?
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

neroon79

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010, 08:01:32 AM »
Here at Alicante, where there are many Ryanair/Easyjet and Air Berlin flights arriving and departing on a daily basis using alpha/numeric flight id's, the routing information has been  missing for the majority of the flights

Is it an idea to ask Ryanair/Easyjet and Air Berlin directly for this information?
Of course, if these guys were willing to answer such a question. Has anyone more "official" then me tried this before? Last time I tried I didn't even got an answer.
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 08:16:29 AM »

All those carriers are (very) commercial operators.  Even if they were willing and able to supply the data (unlikely) they certainly wouldn't do it for free.

Far cheaper for AirNav to wait for us users to supply updates for nothing !
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

EK01

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2010, 09:11:25 AM »

All those carriers are (very) commercial operators.  Even if they were willing and able to supply the data (unlikely) they certainly wouldn't do it for free.

Far cheaper for AirNav to wait for us users to supply updates for nothing !

Dave,

I agree with your comments and I certainly will not be supplying the information for nothing. There used to be a monthly publication called the ABC World Airways Guide which, I believe, is now called OAG Aviation. Could AN not purchase this guide and tie up routings/flight numbers. Having said that I have not seen this guide since the ABC days and probably the flight numbers given are different from the alphanumeric flight numbers used by ATC and the air crew. Still I would have thought that a company such as AN (used by major aircraft manufacturers  as we are consistently reminded) would be able to have some influence in getting tie-ups.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 09:19:47 AM »
Thanks Dave once again for your helpfull comment. I think you are guys are forgetting we did join up with FlightStats at a large cost to us to give you Route data.

The alphanumeric flight numbers issue affects all of these flight look up sites. We are not alone in this.

We have implemented the system to try and indentify these flights using departure and arrival airports from the ADS-B positions. This is not 100% and being worked on. There has been many posts about this already and we have explained the issues and also how we are the ONLY ADS-B reciever company who even has attempted to look at this (also applies to aircraft databases)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

DaveReid

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 11:24:49 AM »
There has been many posts about this already and we have explained the issues

On the contrary, unless I've missed it, we're all still eagerly awaiting the post from Development explaining how the system is meant to work.

and also how we are the ONLY ADS-B reciever company who even has attempted to look at this

Remind me where you got the idea from again, please ?

If you need any help in getting it to work properly, don't be afraid to ask :-)
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2010, 02:53:28 PM »
We meant there have been many posts about the issues of getting routes from sites and the alphanumeric issue.

We are the only ADS-B reciever on the market which allows routes look up within the software and has a a link to a online server is updated. None of the others have this, the closest they get is with addons and even a few of them have stopped in the last few months.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

MIKE.UTD

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2010, 03:08:58 PM »
Hi,

How do I delete the old navdata flight / route info so I can start getting the updates ?

Thanks

Mike.

b777200er

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2010, 05:34:28 PM »
I find here in the US that many flight from major airlines are not updated, and have never been update in the data base. US Airways (AWE) flight are not in the data base and have never updated since I have been using RB. Delta flight are out of date and do not update, same for American and Continental.

Donnie
KATL

DaveReid

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2010, 06:28:33 PM »
I find here in the US that many flight from major airlines are not updated, and have never been update in the data base. US Airways (AWE) flight are not in the data base and have never updated since I have been using RB. Delta flight are out of date and do not update, same for American and Continental.

Some AWE flights are in the database, but I've yet to note one that's correct.

Yesterday on the network I watched AWE707 (Philadelphia-Washington) and AWE703 (Philadelphia-Pittsburgh) - both over Ireland !

Sounds like the deal with FlightStats is overdue for renegotiation ...

DaveReid

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2010, 12:10:21 PM »
While we're waiting for AirNav to (a) explain and (b) fix the routes issue, I've set up a routine that monitors network flights and identifies those where the routing is incorrect or incomplete, using the algorithms that I developed 4 years ago for the EGLL website and subsequently enhanced for www.flightroutelookup.com.

I'll continue posting individual corrections to this thread: www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=5386.0 so that interested users can update their NavData Flights table, but unfortunately time and space won't permit listing of all the incorrect/incomplete flights found.

If it helps in the meantime, here's a list of the affected carriers so far identified:

AAL, AAR, ACA, AEU, AFR, AIC, AMC, ANZ, AUI, AWE, AXM, AZA, BAW, BCS, BER, BHL, BIE, BLX, BMA, BPA, BTI, CAI, CAL, CFG, CKS, CLX, COA, CPA, CRL, CUB, DAL, DLH, EIN, ELL, ETH, EVA, EXS, EZS, EZY, FCK, FDX, FIV, GEC, GFA, GIA, GLO, GLP, GWI, HHI, HLX, IAC, IBE, IRA, JAL, JAT, JSA, JST, KAL, KLM, KRB, LAN, MAL, MDA, MDG, MSA, MSX, NAO, NCA, NKS, PAC, PGT, QFA, QTR, RJA, RYN, RYR, SCX, SHY, SQC, SWR, SXS, TAM, TAR, TAY, TCX, THY, TOM, TRA, TVS, UAL, UPS, VAU, VLG, VLK, VRD, WIF, WOA, WZZ, YZR

HTH
Dave

EK01

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2010, 12:48:08 PM »
Dave,

Might have been easier to show a list of the unaffected carriers. Lol

Ian