anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Network coverage  (Read 4761 times)

Southwest

Network coverage
« on: May 25, 2010, 12:00:49 PM »
This is for Air Nav people

If this has been asked directly before, please accept my apologies. Do AirNav have any immediate plans to offer the network free of charge and, if not, why not?

At the moment my subscription runs until about October and I would love to have real time too but can't afford both.  If the network was offered for free, I would willingly pay for real time.

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
Re: Network coverage
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 12:10:53 PM »
Hi

If you want real time network then you just buy that. You dont need to buy both.

Andrew

Southwest

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 12:32:54 PM »
Thanks, you learn something new everyday, I thought network and real time were two different packages.

Anyway, would still like to hear from the AirNav guys.

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 12:38:57 PM »
Hello

They are different packages but you only need one of the packages depending on what you want. If you want real time network then you dont need delayed as well as you will get access to the network anyway.  It is roughly €60 a year for delayed or €60 per 6 month real time.

Andrew

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 12:56:57 PM »
Orkney is correct.

The network is simply a large ongoing cost to us that we have to pass back to our customers.

You have to remember, behind the network are multiple servers handling the load of 400+ RadarBox sending data, sorting the data and then sending back out again. Not only does that mean we need fast servers able to cope with the load we also need to have the bandwidth.

An example to show how much data is being sent out. On average 300 users connected at one time downloading 200kb of data every minute. That means the server needs to send out 60mb per minute, 3.6 GB per Hour, 86 GB per day, which is nearly 3TB a month of bandwidth which is required. We won't provide a breakdown of costs but I am sure you understand this is not cheap and something we canot absorb ourselves.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Southwest

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 01:22:31 PM »
Thanks for explaining.  Will give consideration to real time when the time comes.  Two further questions.

Will you e-mail me when the time comes and if I elect to go real time, can I just pay for one six month period?  You don't operate this continuous payment from my bank/credit card once I 've paid the one time?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 01:28:53 PM »
You will be emailed if you bought direct from us. If you didn't we don't have your email on record and you will just be notified that your account has expired.

It is a auto renewing subscription but you can cancel when you purchase so you only get that time you have purchased and no renewal.
[email protected]

Southwest

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 01:34:43 PM »
Thanks again for the quick response.

trev

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 05:05:10 PM »
Re Network coverage
 I did not buy the anrb direct from you, but as i am a member of the forum you do have my e-mail address, does this mean you will contact me when the network is ready to expire, then i will be able to pay for the real time network coverage?
 I bought the anrb in June of this year so am i correct in assuming you will notify me to renew or will you just notify me of the expire?

Kind regards

trev

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 05:07:31 PM »
We don't sorry, your account is linked to your serial not your email if you don't buy from us so we can't send you a reminder email.
[email protected]

trev

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 05:21:26 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply, is there any way to send you the e-mail address? or shall i just pay for the real time nearer the expiry date?

Thanks

trev

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 05:33:48 PM »
To be honest you can just wait untill it expires, you will be notified on RadarBox when you try the network when it is expired and you can pay then and get connected straight away.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 05:50:55 PM by AirNav Support »
[email protected]

trev

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 05:46:57 PM »
Many thanks for the info, and once again for the quick response