anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Network traffic suspended after a year  (Read 22020 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: Network traffic suspended after a year
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2010, 03:16:19 AM »
Could I ask what percentage of user base pay for sharing.

We prefer not to share any numbers. RadarBox Network is the only worldwide professionaly maintained ADS-B network and being used by several major companies. It is being used on the B787 project which clearly shows how reliable it is. By being professionaly maintained we mean that it is here to stay, maintained by a group of aviation professionals and protected by a company which is stable, growing and well maintained - in one word, reliable.

This is one of the reasons more and more users choose RadarBox - full integrated network, no need to use external addons which could cease to exist at anytime.

Southwest

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2010, 06:06:19 PM »
Could I ask what percentage of user base pay for sharing.

Like they are going to tell you that!

ScottecLEMG

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2010, 07:47:06 AM »
I would like to know where Tony Dixon, editor of Airliner World, got his information for the September 2010 page 83 review of ther ANRB.  According to his editorial ""If connected to the internet, there are two choices:  the ''network'' (ie what other users have picked up and have transmitted online) or what the individual aerial can see.  For security reasons, the network data is delayed by 5 minutes (although for a subscription payment, this can be shown in real time). So what exactly is the subscription payment for?

ScottecLEMG

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2010, 07:49:29 AM »
What would happen if you paid your annual subscription for network access and then everyone decided to switch off their data sharing option?

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2010, 07:53:30 AM »
What would happen if you paid your annual subscription for network access and then everyone decided to switch off their data sharing option?

Nothing.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

ScottecLEMG

« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2010, 09:28:22 AM »
Nothing meaning what exactly?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2010, 09:47:38 AM »
ScottecLEMG,

As you say, RadarBox allows you view your local flights picked up from your antenna and flights via the network. The network has two options, real time network or delayed (5 mins) network. When you purchase RadarBox you get delayed network free for year.

Its then up to you whether you want to purchase a network subscription to continue.

If everyone did turn off there sharing option (very unlikely as we have sites as well across the world). There would be not much to see on the network and I am sure we would have some unhappy customers to deal with.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

ScottecLEMG

« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2010, 09:54:15 AM »
Thank you Support for that answer.  It clears up my question on the subscription service.  I am sceptical on your own network coverage.  I see very little network traffic outside of Europe so I would be interested in where you have your sites located.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2010, 10:24:21 AM »
I see very little network traffic outside of Europe so I would be interested in where you have your sites located.

If it helps, here's what the real-time network map was showing a few moments ago:

This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

ScottecLEMG

« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2010, 11:27:37 AM »
Like I was saying David, if AirNav have their own sites "across the world" then I think it is kind of quiet out there.  It would be interesting to see just what coverage they have with their own systems if all the users did in fact switch off the data sharing option!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2010, 11:32:12 AM »
They mainly situated in the US and Europe. We have a few which around the world and some which are tested with clients for a period of time.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]