AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Network traffic suspended after a year  (Read 22122 times)

ANDREJ767

Network traffic suspended after a year
« on: August 19, 2010, 09:14:10 PM »
Hi,
   I would like to ask if there are any chances to follow network traffic on my screen again (except paying for)?I think the price is not too high but might be other ways too - maybe those members who share their local traffic into the radarbox network most of the time should be rewarded with being able to follow network traffic for a while.Maybe a ratio time 2:1 would be fair (shared loclal traffic  : spot network traffic)?Thank you in advance and even being without network trafiic right now I'm still very happy with this RB.

RobinB

Re: Network traffic suspended after a year
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 07:00:55 AM »
I agree.

I am happy to upload data if I get something in return.

Its too expensive to see network traffic.

HH

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 09:30:28 AM »
Just have a look at PlanePlotter. This might be the one you are looking for.

DaveG

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 01:29:19 PM »
topic discussed many times in this forum, suggest doing a search as the answers not changed.
Cornwall, UK

RobinB

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 01:57:56 PM »
topic discussed many times in this forum, suggest doing a search as the answers not changed.

Are you speaking on behalf of airnav on this ?

NF2G

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 02:03:49 PM »
It's good advice regardless. The topic has been discussed to death already.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 02:16:55 PM »
The answer hasn't changed as the above posts its been mentioned many times.

If the search on the forum doesn't bring back anything helpfull, try google search and limit it to our forum.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

larry.putman

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 04:34:51 PM »
I share on PlanePlotter also! I can share my RadarBox traffic along with my ACARS and HFDL traffic and I can also see all these modes from around the world for free! I can't do this on the AirNav network. I find the fact that after one year I would have to pay to see network traffic in a timely manor very  unfair!

RobinB

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 05:36:19 PM »
Seems airnav are shooting themselves in the foot on this.

People are going elsewhere to share data.

eggplant

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 11:01:53 PM »
It has been proven in recent years that the best way to effect change from large organisations is by mass individual protest. Perhaps Airnav are now seeing the start of this.

Hopefully they will realise this before they really do shoot themselves in the foot. Who knows ?

And whilst we are on the subject why does the ANRB sw default to sharing ? Correct me if I am wrong but I don't recall Airnav giving any reason or justification as to why this forced functionality is in place. It makes ANRB users potential criminals as soon as they click on the start button. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

In summary I guess Airnav could end up with a bullet hole in their foot and the users with bitten hands ! Ouch !
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 12:17:16 AM »
The answers to the above questions about whether we have explored that avenue, why we have chosen this way and others related to this have been done more than a dozens times in the past. Please search for them before you post,  there is no point in discussing something which has been answered before and been done to death.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

air7677

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2010, 02:19:37 AM »
The answers to the above questions about whether we have explored that avenue, why we have chosen this way and others related to this have been done more than a dozens times in the past. Please search for them before you post,  there is no point in discussing something which has been answered before and been done to death.

I totally agree.
S.F
http://www.specsavers.co.uk/

RobinB

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2010, 04:06:59 AM »
Well it obviously is still a problem for many new comers like myself and a lot of existing users or it would not continue to be discussed.

Brushing it under the carpet will not make it go away as my mum used to say.

It would be interesting how many of the installed user base are actually paying for this and how many are using 3rd party sharing sites / software.

?

Perhaps the way to go would be a one time payment (as per PP).

bratters

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2010, 06:50:21 AM »
Well it obviously is still a problem for many new comers like myself and a lot of existing users or it would not continue to be discussed.

Brushing it under the carpet will not make it go away as my mum used to say.

It would be interesting how many of the installed user base are actually paying for this and how many are using 3rd party sharing sites / software.

Perhaps the way to go would be a one time payment (as per PP).

We were all newcomers once!  but we all knew what the score was about Network sharing when we bought the box - first year free then you pay if you want it.

It's like buying a car with a three year warranty. That's the deal and if things change and suddenly everyone is offering a 5 year warranty, well tough, that's the way it goes.

The same also applies to default data sharing setting, although personally I agree it should be default "off" but you can always get a "fix" if you feel so strongly about it.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2010, 07:25:06 AM »
And whilst we are on the subject why does the ANRB sw default to sharing ? Correct me if I am wrong but I don't recall Airnav giving any reason or justification as to why this forced functionality is in place.

Why not search for the answer then?  To quote a previous reply from Airnav:

"Just to put it to bed we will not be changing the way the tick box works for shared data. Why? There are people will who will cause scare mongering for whatever reason to have the share data switched off (for no good reason) and hence yes it will cause a bad affect to the network. As they will continue to leave it off."
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 07:27:36 AM by tarbat »