anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Improved Routing Information  (Read 228097 times)

bratters

Re: Improved Routing Information
« Reply #180 on: September 27, 2010, 06:15:59 PM »
I firmly believe that with a bit of effort and organisation we forum members could crack the alpha-numerics between us relatively easily and relatively quickly. Not too difficult an operation in theory.

But that would still leave us with the bloomin' "update the database" question and that really bugs me. Everybody and his dog knows that the UAL948 routing is wrong but seemingly we can't do anything about it so it will remain wrong until further notice. (I shall call this the UAL948 syndrome in future)

If a Working Database is not readily accessible for constant updating it is not a working database - it's an Archive - and the words useful, teapot and chocolate spring to mind.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #181 on: September 27, 2010, 06:39:04 PM »
DaveReid: why don't you send us the full contents of your flight number database so we can update our server for, at least, London Heathrow flights, at once?

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #182 on: September 27, 2010, 07:09:05 PM »
DaveReid: why don't you send us the full contents of your flight number database so we can update our server for, at least, London Heathrow flights, at once?

That's the 7th time you've asked now, the answer is still the same.

That's why I resisted AirNav's recent repeated requests (6 at the last count) for me to add routes to my EGLLADSB website, thereby enabling them to hoover them all up, add them to the database and then claim that all was well in Routeland.

Fix your algorithm, and then you won't need my help.

And then it would work for every airport on your network, not just one.

Trust me, you'll feel much better for it.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

flybhx

« Reply #183 on: September 27, 2010, 07:11:16 PM »
Airnav,

How does the route alogorithm deal with multi leg flights. As I see it if we have a flight which, for example, routes LFPG-KPHL-KSFO the database will keep updating between LFPG-KPHL and KPHL-KSFO which isn't much help.

Runway 31

« Reply #184 on: September 27, 2010, 07:13:08 PM »
If you dont want to help Dave, dont complain.  You are quite happy helping users of other systems but you will not aid you fellow members on this forum.

Alan

RobinB

« Reply #185 on: September 27, 2010, 07:13:43 PM »
Did the flybe data get provided get uploaded to the network ?

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #186 on: September 27, 2010, 07:35:14 PM »
RobinB: please resend the data to my email address (just Pmed you).

Dave:
- If you have a database with correct and updated flight numbers;
- You constantly criticize us for having inaccurate data;

Why don't you send us the entire database in csv format so we can update our server? We really don't understand your intentions here. Have a correct database or daily complain about everything? I hope you are not trying to sell your company's services one more time.

Send us the data and we will update our database immediately. Simpler is impossible.

DaveReid

« Reply #187 on: September 27, 2010, 07:40:55 PM »
If you dont want to help Dave, dont complain.  You are quite happy helping users of other systems but you will not aid you fellow members on this forum.

On the contrary, I have provided AirNav with a technique which will allow many, many routes from many, many airports to be derived, not just one, which would be of considerably greater assistance to members.  It's hardly my fault that AirNav have made such a miserable hash of implementing it, and I'm certainly entitled to complain about that.

Yes, I could spoon-feed AirNav with all the Heathrow routes, but that would both remove any incentive for them to fix their algorithm, and also remove one of the only useful benchmarks that we have to allow us to assess the overall quality of the routes database.

And, before you accuse me of being unhelpful to other members, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it AirNav who declined my offer of access to flightroutelookup.com because they insisted on looking a gift horse in the mouth ?
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

RobinB

« Reply #188 on: September 27, 2010, 07:42:46 PM »
The data is going off to you in a minute, though I cant take credit for it, was supplied by user spanman.

Good luck with it.

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #189 on: September 27, 2010, 07:47:09 PM »
So let's call it quits then?

I thought we were all in this together?

AirNav have publically asked for help,and you've publically declined, which your fully entitled to.

Pretty pointless banging on about it any more?

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #190 on: September 27, 2010, 07:48:09 PM »
The data is going off to you in a minute, though I cant take credit for it, was supplied by user spanman.

Good luck with it.

Robin

Thanks for helping - very much appreciated

Rich

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #191 on: September 28, 2010, 07:26:10 AM »
Until Airnav come up with a better solution, anyone can use FD7 to do route lookups.  You simply select the flight in Radarbox, and the route appears in the FD7 window.  See attached example:

In this example, FD7 is displaying the route for EZY484, whilst doing a lookup at libhomeradar on the aircraft I've just selected - ACA844.

DaveReid

« Reply #192 on: September 28, 2010, 07:31:04 AM »
Turnhouse ?  Haven't heard it called that for years.

Dave
erstwhile member of the Turnhouse Junior Spotters Club (I kid you not!) :-)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #193 on: September 28, 2010, 07:38:57 AM »
Turnhouse ?  Haven't heard it called that for years.

Yes, I must work out how to update the airports table in FD7.

spanman

« Reply #194 on: September 28, 2010, 09:03:36 AM »
Flybe Route callsign tie ups.

Please find attached all todays flybe callsign tieups,There maybe some which were not in my original batch due to routes operating certain days etc. Once again they are produced using Open Office but hopefully Tarbat will convert for us.

Cheers,
            Mark
Flybe Crew on the Dash 8 Q400  Embraer 175
and Embraer 195