anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Improved Routing Information  (Read 228098 times)

spanman

Re: Improved Routing Information
« Reply #150 on: September 23, 2010, 07:32:05 PM »
If anyone is interested I can supply a complete list of Flybe alpha numeric callsigns as I work as crew for and we get the complete list .If this would help I will work on putting it together over the next couple of days and post .

Cheers,
                Mark
Flybe Crew on the Dash 8 Q400  Embraer 175
and Embraer 195

flybhx

« Reply #151 on: September 23, 2010, 07:41:59 PM »
That would be a major help as Flybe routings seem to be quite a problem

Kev

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
« Reply #152 on: September 23, 2010, 07:56:21 PM »
As I live in North Devon Flybe is a major part of my traffic, yes please Spanman.
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

spanman

« Reply #153 on: September 23, 2010, 08:49:50 PM »
As promised please find attached a comprehensive list of Flybe Alpha numeric callsigns,Any probs opening them please e-mail me and I will send them to anyone who wants them.It was produced using open office. There will still be the odd gaps but I'm sure you will agree it certainly helps
Flybe Crew on the Dash 8 Q400  Embraer 175
and Embraer 195

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #154 on: September 23, 2010, 09:18:03 PM »
Thanks - a great help.

Attached CSV file suitable for import to your routes table.  This has added 433 new entries in my routes table, and updated 17 others.  Maybe Airnav can add these to the central server routes database - should only take a few minutes to do.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 10:01:07 PM by tarbat »

phil zech

« Reply #155 on: September 24, 2010, 08:17:08 AM »
Morning All,

Please could some kind soul, advise us computer numpties, how to add the routes to our individual routes database.

Many thanks

Phil

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #156 on: September 24, 2010, 08:35:37 AM »
Please could some kind soul, advise us computer numpties, how to add the routes to our individual routes database.

Well, I use SQLite Maestro, but I wouldn't recommend this for "computer numpties"!!  Best solution is for Airnav to import this into their central routes database, so the data is then available for anyone through Radarbox.  It should only take them a few minutes.............

SQLite Maestro instructions for updating routes - http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1356.msg10216#msg10216
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 08:39:31 AM by tarbat »

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #157 on: September 24, 2010, 09:15:13 AM »
Results for yesterday (23nd September):

Of 1199 ADS-B-equipped scheduled LHR flights automatically detected by the EGLLADSB website, 119 (9.9%) were listed by RadarBox with either no route at all, or with a route that didn't have EGLL as a From/To/Via. 
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Chris11

« Reply #158 on: September 24, 2010, 10:15:44 AM »
In my view this is a mammoth task and needs to be tackled from a number of directions.  Is there any reason we do not have a Database Update Request topic for routes as we have for aircraft?

DaveReid

« Reply #159 on: September 24, 2010, 10:51:25 AM »
In my view this is a mammoth task and needs to be tackled from a number of directions.  Is there any reason we do not have a Database Update Request topic for routes as we have for aircraft?

There is in fact such a thread - Flight route update info - here: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=5386.0

Having said that, AirNav have stated that they don't welcome route update submissions, and my experience is that they won't get actioned, so post at your own risk !
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

flybhx

« Reply #160 on: September 24, 2010, 10:56:28 AM »
Is it possible to find a way to import update files without needing to be an expert in SQL. That will at least allow us to make use of files such as todays Flybee update

RobinB

« Reply #161 on: September 24, 2010, 10:57:02 AM »

Well, I use SQLite Maestro, but I wouldn't recommend this for "computer numpties"!!  Best solution is for Airnav to import this into their central routes database, so the data is then available for anyone through Radarbox.  It should only take them a few minutes.............

SQLite Maestro instructions for updating routes - http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1356.msg10216#msg10216

So as spanman kindly now has provided a useful chunk of data, how long before airnav can upload this into server ?

Southwest

« Reply #162 on: September 24, 2010, 11:46:27 AM »

Well, I use SQLite Maestro, but I wouldn't recommend this for "computer numpties"!!  Best solution is for Airnav to import this into their central routes database, so the data is then available for anyone through Radarbox.  It should only take them a few minutes.............

So as spanman kindly now has provided a useful chunk of data, how long before airnav can upload this into server ?

Only AirNav know the answer to that question.

Runway 31

« Reply #163 on: September 24, 2010, 12:56:39 PM »
Re FlyBe routes, I have BEE8ET on my box just now which is not on the updated listings, where is it going to and from please.

Alan

DaveReid

« Reply #164 on: September 25, 2010, 07:51:22 AM »
Results for yesterday (24th September):

Of 1239 ADS-B-equipped scheduled LHR flights automatically detected by the EGLLADSB website, 125 (10.1%) were listed by RadarBox with either no route at all, or with a route that didn't have EGLL as a From/To/Via.

Carriers affected: AFR, AUA, AZA, BAW, BEL, BMA, CPA, DAL, DLH, EIN, IBE, MAU, OMA, QFA, SHT, SMX, SWR, TAP, UAL.