AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Improved Routing Information  (Read 228664 times)

bratters

Re: Improved Routing Information
« Reply #120 on: September 20, 2010, 08:50:06 AM »
But isn't the only. Others but now I don't remember what

Get used to it.

Over 100 scheduled flights at Heathrow yesterday were showing incorrect or blank route information on RadarBox, for the following carriers:

AFR, AUA, AZA, BAW, BEL, BMA, CPA, DLH, EIN, EVA, FIN, IBE, IRA, MAU, SHT, SMX, SVA, SWR, TAP, UAL

What is "over 100 scheduled flights" percentage-wise Dave? Is it a significant figure?

Bearing in mind that those carriers are not, for the most part, what we might term "the usual suspects",  this is not good news.

LSZS's post also emphasises that, unless one has a specific interest in particular flights, many of us blithely accept false information until/unless something blatantly stupid virtually jumps off the screen.

Are we reaching the stage where we need to go back to the drawing board on routing or are we still dealing with relatively small percentages?

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2010, 10:09:58 AM »
The figure for missing/incorrect Heathrow flights typically runs at around 10-15%.   

Yesterday's total wasn't quite as bad as normal, but still includes lots of flights that operate every day (for example BAW38TP LROP-EGLL).

And bearing in mind that there are literally dozens of sharers in and around Heathrow feeding arriving and departing flights into the network, it's crazy that the server persists in telling us that, for example, CPA007 is a Hong-Kong-Delhi service, or that Shuttle 9J (inbound every afternoon from Edinburgh, for donkey's years) is a mystery flight with unknown origin and destination.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

bratters

« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2010, 10:21:41 AM »
I would have thought that UAL948 and CPA007 -as quoted by you- were Flightstats' bread and butter.

Are they perhaps being over-ridden by the new system or just cock-ups?

DaveReid

« Reply #123 on: September 20, 2010, 11:41:48 AM »
Are they perhaps being over-ridden by the new system or just cock-ups?

We will probably never know - AirNav have had plenty of opportunity to explain to us how this new system is supposed to work, but have declined to do so.  I see no reason to expect that they will respond this time either.

Frankly, I see no evidence whatsoever to show that the system is working.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Southwest

« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2010, 12:20:43 PM »
The figure for missing/incorrect Heathrow flights typically runs at around 10-15%.   

There is absolutely no excuse for long standing flights that have no routing information.  I just hope that AirNav are giving this serious consideration and won't be just another example of a company that takes your money and lets you sweat.

I'm sure that's not the case.  Would AirNav like to comment about the accuracy and frequency of updates in the master files when this eventually gets sorted? 

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #125 on: September 20, 2010, 01:05:14 PM »
DaveReid: if you have a list of callsigns/origin/destination which is more accurate than that maintained by AirNav and used by all RadarBox users, why don't you share it with all of us?

DaveReid

« Reply #126 on: September 20, 2010, 02:11:10 PM »
DaveReid: if you have a list of callsigns/origin/destination which is more accurate than that maintained by AirNav and used by all RadarBox users, why don't you share it with all of us?

Are you seriously suggesting that the reason for your routes database being so bad is because I'm not sharing data with you ?

Now I've heard everything ... !

Southwest

« Reply #127 on: September 20, 2010, 02:21:25 PM »

You have a brassneck cheek, I'll give you that.

Just about any other database is more accurate than the one you are pimping out to the masses.

Maybe if you offer him free realtime he might consider it (tongue in cheek).

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2010, 04:03:17 PM »
Hello

I know there are problems with the routings from Airnav but if Airnav had 500 thousand flight numbers on their database and one was wrong we could all be sure of having Davereid complaining about it on the forum. Also Dave you don't mention the missing routings on your own lookup that is far from perfect (for example no Loganair routes etc.

Andrew

Southwest

« Reply #129 on: September 20, 2010, 06:05:44 PM »
Hello

I know there are problems with the routings from Airnav but if Airnav had 500 thousand flight numbers on their database and one was wrong we could all be sure of having Davereid complaining about it on the forum. Also Dave you don't mention the missing routings on your own lookup that is far from perfect (for example no Loganair routes etc.

Andrew

You can defend AirNav all you like but the fact of the matter is that the database is woeful.  It's not just one or two missing or wrong it's a much greater number than that.  One hour on the box in my area alone will reveal considerably more than one error just in flight routings, multiply that by many hours of watching and the problem is self evident.

I don't ever recall Dave saying that his database was the best thing since sliced bread either.  Don't forget, it's AirNav that are asking him for help, not the other way round.

Andrew, you need to wipe your nose matey, there is a nasty brown residue showing!

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2010, 06:49:45 PM »
Southwest we don't like to keep these kind of discussion on our forum but it is important for our forum members to know that at the same time you post these comments here, you are part of an Internet forum created with the support of our competitors to try to daily damage RadarBox reputation, posting similar comments there.

It is really really bad to know that there are users that instead of enjoying this hobby like 99% of us, spend their time in these kind of games. Please respect the RadarBox community.

flybhx

« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2010, 07:36:31 PM »
Airnav Development,

Many of us are members of many fora related to our hobby, they are not set up to try and damage either Airnav or Kinetic. As a customer of both companies I still reserve the right to complain if there is a problem with either the equipment or the service provided by either of you.

With regard to the flight routings both Companies have exactly the same problem. Is there the possibility of being able to upload new data to the central database when we update our own database with new routes as the new algorithm being used is obviously having some issues

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2010, 07:46:29 PM »
Flybhx: tks for your input. The problem here is not the right to complain but the artificial complaints put but the same users who later play with the posts on another forum who is supported by our competitors. We don't want to ban these users but lack of respect for our forum and our user base is something that we will not allow to happen.

Now back to what matters: we are checking with our programmer regarding the flight route lookup problems which, it is important to underline, affect less than 1% of the flights. We are also waiting for DaveReid's answer.

bratters

« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2010, 07:59:01 PM »

Now back to what matters: we are checking with our programmer regarding the flight route lookup problems which, it is important to underline, affect less than 1% of the flights.

Airnav - if only 1% of Myflights had routing problems I wouldn't have even noticed, let alone complained about it. Nor I suspect would anyone else.

As it is, the figure here in UK is way way higher than that. I'm quite prepared to settle down and produce some accurate figures if you insist but take it from me you're looking at 10 times that at the very least.

Nobody would make a fuss about less than than 1% - let's get real here.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2010, 08:20:57 PM »
Bratters: make your accurate figures. post them here as they will help us to correct the problems.