AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Improved Routing Information  (Read 228132 times)

bratters

Re: Improved Routing Information
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2010, 01:12:55 PM »
EK0 1 - I'm not sure you're right about alpha-numerics. They seem to be coming through fairly regularly.

According to my Database Explorer 8 alpha numerics have been added in the past hour so maybe that's 80 a day. As you point out, only a few of those have been Ryanair/Easyjet but as the system has only just been launched I'm holding my breath that we will see a steady build up across the board.

Non ADSB? Flybe numbers are certainly coming through but I haven't checked for others yet.

Overall, I'm quietly encouraged.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 01:16:06 PM by bratters »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2010, 01:24:26 PM »
Dev will have more details to the ins and out of the new addition. Us (support) don't know the techincals behind this fully yet.

Though route data is coming from both FlightStats and this system. This system is based on a similar system we have used for AI flights in Flight Simulator for our Live Traffic flights.

Also be aware the flight needs to be picked up first with that route for it be added to the database (i.e at the start and end airport - more details on how this is worked out from dev) Also before you make a judgement please be aware to check the route in your local database incase its using old data.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

bratters

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2010, 01:54:22 PM »
So far today (20100818time) it would appear that over 80 new alpha-numeric decodes have been added to my Database Explorer, including 9 for BAW.

This covers a period of 8 hours with an average of around 170 flights in MyFlights at any one time.

If this is correct, it's very encouraging.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2010, 02:07:27 PM »
Answering the questions made only General Aviation aircraft flight numbers (their callsign) are excluded. So when we have a callsign without origin/destination information we check if that that is a General Aviation aircraft. If not we get its origin/destination based on ADS-B TO/LNDG Data.

>Incidentally, AirNav, how will you handle routes where network coverage only enables you to deduce the origin, but not the destination (or vice versa) ?

We don't show anything for those flights.

PS DaveReid, you are always so fast reporting that our network is down on other forums it is strange that you forget to report the addition of nice features like this.

air7677

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2010, 02:18:30 PM »
Answering the questions made only General Aviation aircraft flight numbers (their callsign) are excluded. So when we have a callsign without origin/destination information we check if that that is a General Aviation aircraft. If not we get its origin/destination based on ADS-B TO/LNDG Data.

>Incidentally, AirNav, how will you handle routes where network coverage only enables you to deduce the origin, but not the destination (or vice versa) ?

We don't show anything for those flights.

PS DaveReid, you are always so fast reporting that our network is down on other forums it is strange that you forget to report the addition of nice features like this.

Your only seeing that now, back stabbing is the word your looking for.
from S.F.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 02:20:35 PM by air7677 »

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2010, 02:56:32 PM »

Well there's gratitude for you, that's the last time I suggest any useful enhancements ...
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

EK01

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2010, 03:47:29 PM »
Alphanumerics,
Currently on My Flights:
RYR7TB No route
BER66V No route
RYR54MW No route
IBE37LL No route
BER31E No route

But RYR96V showing route as being Rome to East Midlands. Currently flying over Valencia. I don't think so. Route change in database explorer showing the date of 07072010. Not old data as everything was cleared from the system.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2010, 03:55:55 PM »
"07072010" would be old data.

Its not the date from the database online but whens it written to your local database.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

DaveReid

« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2010, 04:17:32 PM »
But RYR96V showing route as being Rome to East Midlands. Currently flying over Valencia. I don't think so. Route change in database explorer showing the date of 07072010. Not old data as everything was cleared from the system.

If it's any help, RYR96V stopped being an EMA flight at the end of March (it's now LEZL-LIRA, which explains why it's overflying Valencia).
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2010, 04:17:47 PM »
Over 200 new routes added to my database today, all with dates "20100818hhmmss"

EK01

« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2010, 04:27:22 PM »

If it's any help, RYR96V stopped being an EMA flight at the end of March (it's now LEZL-LIRA, which explains why it's overflying Valencia).

Exactly my point Dave. Route change at the end of March and yet incorrect route details in the 'cleared out' database (using the Bratters method in Post 606).

Airnav

File/Database Explorer/Routes. Is that not the 'local database'. If so that's where the RYR96V information appeared. (Now individually deleted). If that is not the case, what is the best way of deleting all incorrect route details showing with dates before today?
As an aside, still no alpha-numeric flights route details showing.

bratters

« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2010, 04:46:44 PM »
EK01 - as I understand things - and based on something I think Dave said earlier - if the new system works properly, then a wrong entry such as RYR96V will be automatically identified by the fact that it takes off and/or lands in  different airport from the expected ones.

Hopefully the error will then be corrected. If however airlines switch routes but use existing numbers, then it will always be a case of catch-up as far as I can see.

I've also got that routing in my explorer but dated but 02/02/2010. apropos of which what exactly does the column title CH mean?

DaveReid

« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2010, 05:07:56 PM »
EK01 - as I understand things - and based on something I think Dave said earlier - if the new system works properly, then a wrong entry such as RYR96V will be automatically identified by the fact that it takes off and/or lands in  different airport from the expected ones.

Well I was describing how it ought to work, only AirNav Development can confirm that's how it does work.

However they did say:

So when we have a callsign without origin/destination information we check if that that is a General Aviation aircraft. If not we get its origin/destination based on ADS-B TO/LNDG Data.

Perhaps they could confirm that existing routes in the database (which could be wrong, as in this case) are being validated as well as new ones ?

Runway 31

« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2010, 05:40:11 PM »
I would have thought that the routes information is held locally on each users individual computer, same as aircraft data.  If you already have information on your computer regarding call sign that will not be over written, same as aircraft data.  Unless you delete the existing info on your computer, nothing will change.

It will only be new route data which will be added not existing data over written.

Like the aircraft themselves this will only be corrected by a new data release.  Am I correct in this thinking?

Alan

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2010, 05:51:01 PM »
Exactly my point Dave. Route change at the end of March and yet incorrect route details in the 'cleared out' database (using the Bratters method in Post 606).

How did you clear out your database?   I emptied my routes table (using DELETE and VACUUM SQLite commands), and the 200 routes added today all had date/timestamps of 20100818hhmmss.