anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Improved Routing Information  (Read 228100 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: Improved Routing Information
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 12:52:21 PM »
So the point is to find out from where a specific flight taking-off/landing and build a callsign database from that information?

Runway 31

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 01:12:47 PM »
Yes

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 02:44:48 PM »
Doh
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Southwest

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 03:46:00 PM »
Left and right hand springs to mind here!!

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 05:58:54 PM »
We have good news on this one: we've just finished the implementation of a new server software which will get origin/destination pairs from ADS-B flights (finding the location from where they TO/LND).

Our flight database has now 378K flights.
From these and using the new routine we've just populated 90K flights more which means that we have now information on over 200K flights.

The new server application will run H24 populating our server database which means all client tables (on the RadarBox application) will start to be populated too (if you want to force a re-population simply delete flights from the client table and the software will get them again from the server).

Horsham Spotter

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2010, 06:34:00 PM »
How do you force a re-population of flights from my database.
Can you do a multiple delete or do you have to delete each entry.

3.1nm miles south of EGKK westerly App & Dep.

bratters

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2010, 06:37:06 PM »

The new server application will run H24 populating our server database which means all client tables (on the RadarBox application) will start to be populated too (if you want to force a re-population simply delete flights from the client table and the software will get them again from the server).

At the risk of showing  my total ignorance, what exactly is the "Client Table" please?

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2010, 06:55:02 PM »
hello

Good to see progress, however will this not cause an aircraft using its registration  as a flight ID cause this problem:

Example - Reg / flight ID GAAAA Flies from EGLL to EGPD and then back to its base at EGKK  and  then the next day to  EHAM and back , then the next day .... 

would this not mean that the route of GAAAA = EGKK - EGPD will remain in the database for 6 months although it only did this flight once.

Andrew

DaveReid

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2010, 07:54:24 PM »
OMG, AirNav have actually adopted one of my suggestions :-)
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

bratters

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2010, 08:00:10 PM »
OMG, AirNav have actually adopted one of my suggestions :-)

Well it seems to be working Dave. Improvement in BAW KLM BMA from first impressions. Still down on Lufthansa and the cheapos.

BTW can you tell me what the "client table" is?
John

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2010, 08:50:49 PM »
>"Client Table": flight table of the AirNav RadarBox software (installed on the user's computer).

>Good to see progress, however will this not cause an aircraft using its registration  as a flight ID cause this problem

Only airline flights should be updated.

PS: DaveReid you are the best! :-)

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2010, 09:05:12 PM »
Hello

I thought there would be something like that in place but wanted to check.  Thanks for clarifying.

Andrew

eggplant

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2010, 10:17:59 PM »
if you want to force a re-population simply delete flights from the client table and the software will get them again from the server

Forgive my ignorance - but am I correct in understanding that I use database explorer, select "routes" from the drop down menu and then individually delete each of the records in order to force a re-population ?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

DaveReid

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2010, 10:30:27 PM »
Forgive my ignorance - but am I correct in understanding that I use database explorer, select "routes" from the drop down menu and then individually delete each of the records in order to force a re-population ?

I would guess that if and when AirNav finally release an updated NavData.db3 with the updated aircraft database, it will also contain the new routes table, so you may want to wait until then.

bratters

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2010, 07:14:42 AM »
if you want to force a re-population simply delete flights from the client table and the software will get them again from the server

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Hi Eggplant - I tried the following early this morning:

Stop processing hardware flights/MyLog/Delete old data/Confirm/Empty mylog tables/Exit MyLog/restart processing hardware flights.

Subsequently going into File/Database Explorer/Routes/ I found the Routes re-populated with today's date and time but more importantly including many alph-numerics.

So it looks as if things are on the move.

On the other hand, I could have got things round my neck. Sometimes I fail to understand Airnav-speak.