anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirVenture Time-lapse Video of Nighttime Airshow  (Read 6320 times)

54901 - Jim

• N9JHB.com
AirVenture Time-lapse Video of Nighttime Airshow
« on: August 01, 2010, 11:48:52 PM »
Here's a link to a time-lapse video from the nighttime airshow over Oshkosh's AirVenture last evening.

http://www.eaavideo.org/video.aspx?bcpid=102109882001&bctid=359250171001

Everyone's going home now ... getting kind of quiet here again.  A very good week it was!

Jim
KOSH - Oshkosh, Wisconsin USA

Paulc

Re: AirVenture Time-lapse Video of Nighttime Airshow
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 12:15:25 PM »
Jim,

agreed - the night airshow was worth staying for. Not the best Airventure but I put that down to the weather problems experienced the week before rendering much of the airfield unuseable for a while. When I left on Saturday there were still area marked off. The 'max effort' day for the DC3' was a non event really and was the main let down of the week for me. Still hope to come back next year though.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 12:52:29 PM »
I've just returned from Oshkosh (or "Sploshkosh" as the first Sunday's issue of AirVenture Today newspaper put it). I was there for the first three days, and agree that the airshow was disappointing - only 21 DC-3's in the mass arrival - pretty impressive, but not the 60+ hoped for. And I did enjoy the jet-powered glider!

It was my first time, and I was still overawed by the huge quantity and range of the aircraft on the gound, including the Hamilton Metalplane, DC-7, and the massed ranks of classic light aircraft and homebuilts. The Pioneer Airport collection was great, too, and the seaplane base was a lovely experience.

I look forward to going again on a "good" year!

Rod
Rod

54901 - Jim

• N9JHB.com
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 03:21:59 PM »
Glad you could make it again, Paul, and Rod, glad you were here for your first visit!  Yes, AirVenture was not quite what it is in dryer times.  The extreme moisture made for very difficult conditions for people and planes alike ... but it still is an amazing event!  We look forward to your visiting Oshkosh again!

Jim
KOSH - Oshkosh, Wisconsin USA