AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: It's all gone quiet? when is the next update?  (Read 9547 times)

air7677

Re: It's all gone quiet? when is the next update?
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2010, 10:45:22 AM »
Yes, I did mean again.  I know it's unacceptable that Airnav don't appear to have documented the bugs, but if you really want these bugs fixed I thought now would be a good opportunity to document the 4 showstoppers, other than just Spurious Position bug / Hex Code Confusion bug / Flight Merging bug / Equatorial Black Hole bug.

OK, here's a brief summary:

Spurious Position bug - RadarBox displays aircraft on the map which are known not to have ADS-B, usually at 0° longitude and arbitrary latitudes

Hex Code Confusion bug - callsigns, squawks, altitudes, etc are shown against the wrong aircraft, usually with a hex code one or two bits different from another in the list

Flight Merging bug - flights are shown with impossibly long start/end times, because RadarBox fails to distinguish a subsequent flight with a different callsign

Equatorial Black Hole bug - aircraft disappear from the map in the zone between 2°N and 2°S

There are, of course, much more comprehensive descriptions of both the bugs and, in some cases, results of various troubleshooting tests, in the respective threads.

I, for one, would like clarity on what these bugs are and whether Airnav also consider them to be bugs that need an urgent fix.

I'll second that.

Oh, boy! that's unbelievable, so many faults/bugs?.
S.F.

ACW367

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2010, 11:30:07 AM »
Yes, I did mean again.  I know it's unacceptable that Airnav don't appear to have documented the bugs, but if you really want these bugs fixed I thought now would be a good opportunity to document the 4 showstoppers, other than just Spurious Position bug / Hex Code Confusion bug / Flight Merging bug / Equatorial Black Hole bug.

OK, here's a brief summary:

Spurious Position bug - RadarBox displays aircraft on the map which are known not to have ADS-B, usually at 0° longitude and arbitrary latitudes

Hex Code Confusion bug - callsigns, squawks, altitudes, etc are shown against the wrong aircraft, usually with a hex code one or two bits different from another in the list

Flight Merging bug - flights are shown with impossibly long start/end times, because RadarBox fails to distinguish a subsequent flight with a different callsign

Equatorial Black Hole bug - aircraft disappear from the map in the zone between 2°N and 2°S

There are, of course, much more comprehensive descriptions of both the bugs and, in some cases, results of various troubleshooting tests, in the respective threads.

I, for one, would like clarity on what these bugs are and whether Airnav also consider them to be bugs that need an urgent fix.

I'll second that.

Here is the fifth showstopper, that we updaters have been regularly reporting to Airnav.

Spurious ICAO code/Picture update bug: Correct ICAO codes and photo links that are being input into the Updaters database are not being passed to users.  User still get spurious ICAO codes from an unknown origin, that are not found in either the Updater Database or the users Navdata.DB3 ACtype list.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 11:31:51 AM by ACW367 »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2010, 12:34:12 PM »
Here is the fifth showstopper, that we updaters have been regularly reporting to Airnav.

Spurious ICAO code/Picture update bug: Correct ICAO codes and photo links that are being input into the Updaters database are not being passed to users.  User still get spurious ICAO codes from an unknown origin, that are not found in either the Updater Database or the users Navdata.DB3 ACtype list.

Isn't that already covered by FS#10 - Better handling of Aircraft Lookups.  Listed as currently 30% complete.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2010, 01:06:54 PM »

Spurious ICAO code/Picture update bug: Correct ICAO codes and photo links that are being input into the Updaters database are not being passed to users.  User still get spurious ICAO codes from an unknown origin, that are not found in either the Updater Database or the users Navdata.DB3 ACtype list.

Yes, the only reason I didn't include this in my list is that I don't anticipate the NavData update architecture being used for professional applications.

But looking at it purely from the enthusiast user's point of view, I share your frustration.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2010, 03:40:03 PM »
Regarding the bugs you have mentioned:

Flight Merging bug - Already under the aircraft extended sessions in the bug page
Hex Code Confusion bug - At present we find this to be due to corruption or noise being picked up and hence its very difficult to stop this.

Spurious Position bug & Equatorial Black Hole bug are being looked at and being looked at from the firmware team. We will add these and apologies for missing them.

Also just to reiterate a new version is being worked on and we are listening and taking notes to be passed on for the bugs and suggestions. If you feel you think something is not being looked at please contact us.

Lastly the bug page is just purely a view for customers to check before they post a bug report, please do not look at it for every detail, details of which version or who is working on it will not be on it.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

RobinB

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2010, 05:25:44 PM »
It would be nice to see some sort of timescale for these fixes.

Looks like most are were generated back last december.

So hopefully an update is imminent ?

ACW367

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2010, 09:04:14 PM »

Spurious ICAO code/Picture update bug: Correct ICAO codes and photo links that are being input into the Updaters database are not being passed to users.  User still get spurious ICAO codes from an unknown origin, that are not found in either the Updater Database or the users Navdata.DB3 ACtype list.

Isn't that already covered by FS#10 - Better handling of Aircraft Lookups.  Listed as currently 30% complete.

No you will note that the FS10 bug was created in 2009.  Our team only formed in May 2010.  I believe the 33% completion is actually related to the creation of the team.  This FS10 bug is currently related to the tieing up of  Mode S codes and better identification of owner/operator, which is currently our manual task. The corruption of data we are manually inputting prior to it reaching users, is therefore a new bug.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 09:08:16 PM by ACW367 »