AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Presales Question  (Read 3665 times)

ulwivst

Presales Question
« on: July 30, 2010, 03:03:17 PM »
Hi, I would like to buy  RadarBox 3D and have a question about installation. Is it possible to have the hardware and database installed on a PC running 24/7, (I have one for a weatherstation) and then run the application from a second PC in a home network that I will turn off when not in use?

Best regards
Ulf Widen, Sweden
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 03:12:55 PM by ulwivst »

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: Presales Question
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 03:41:37 PM »
Hi, I would like to buy  RadarBox 3D and have a question about installation. Is it possible to have the hardware and database installed on a PC running 24/7, (I have one for a weatherstation) and then run the application from a second PC in a home network that I will turn off when not in use?

What do you mean by "run the application from a second PC" ?

If you simply mean remote access to the PC running RadarBox (with Teamviewer, Remote Desktop, pcAnywhere, etc, from another PC) then of course that's possible.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

ulwivst

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 03:59:20 PM »
I was more thinking about client/server. The PC I would like to connect RadarBox to is running 24/7 and it's located so I can't use it as a normal PC. Therefore I would like to use another PC in the home network for viewing. Maybe I could use remote acces for that purpose. In that case, can you recommend a really good solution?

/Ulf

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 04:16:33 PM »
I use Teamviewer all the time to access my Radarbox PC from my laptop.  Works great.

DaveReid

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 04:29:34 PM »
Whatever solution you go for, you are going to have to run the RadarBox application on the PC that has the RadarBox attached.

The only configuration I can think of that would qualify as client/server is to run a third-party application like PlanePlotter which can process the TCP/IP data stream from RadarBox.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 06:48:13 PM »
The only configuration I can think of that would qualify as client/server is to run a third-party application like PlanePlotter which can process the TCP/IP data stream from RadarBox.

But, how do you configure the IP address of the Radarbox PC into Planeplotter?

DaveReid

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 08:11:12 PM »
But, how do you configure the IP address of the Radarbox PC into Planeplotter?

It's cunningly concealed as  Options  ->  Mode-S receiver  ->  AirNav RadarBox  ->  IP Address

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 08:37:30 AM »
It's cunningly concealed as  Options  ->  Mode-S receiver  ->  AirNav RadarBox  ->  IP Address

Thanks Dave, I missed that one.  I was expecting to find it in the I/O Settings.