AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Question for Airnav  (Read 2886 times)

bratters

Question for Airnav
« on: August 09, 2010, 08:25:51 AM »
Regarding the recent discussion about signal distances, what is the maximum range at which the Polar Diagram operates and will register an aircraft please?

airdata

• Airdata
Re: Question for Airnav
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 08:33:31 AM »
I had radarbox running on a laptop whilst flying toward my home airport recently and the spike appeared at 300nm.  I don't know if that is the system default but that's what happened...
Under the flight path, 5NM from runway 23L threshold at Auckland (NZAA), New Zealand.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 08:38:47 AM »
Hi Bratters,

Don't know the exact details to the algorithm but we think it has a limit of recording 300nm to which anything after is ignored as being an error.

However the above is educated guess, dev can confirm whats exactly coded.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 08:52:13 AM »
Hello

How about having a polar diagram modifier in the next version to remove single positions so the user can erase spikes. I know you can just start an new polar diagram but it takes a few weeks to build a good one here so would only start again if there was an extreme deformation.

Andrew

bratters

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 10:10:51 AM »
Hi Bratters,

Don't know the exact details to the algorithm but we think it has a limit of recording 300nm to which anything after is ignored as being an error.

However the above is educated guess, dev can confirm whats exactly coded.

Attached pic shows a spike at approximately 320nm but as nothing has exceeded that in the last 4 months, I would think that's possibly the maximum.
I'm interested to hear what Dev has to say.

I like Orkney's idea of a "spike-eraser" - very useful.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 11:24:10 AM »
How about having a polar diagram modifier in the next version to remove single positions so the user can erase spikes.

In the meantime, you can do that manually.  Close Radarbox, and then open the D012.dat file in the DATA folder in Notepad.  You can then reduce any values that are incorrect - there are 360 values, from 0 - 359 degrees.

bratters

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 01:04:53 PM »
How about having a polar diagram modifier in the next version to remove single positions so the user can erase spikes.

In the meantime, you can do that manually.  Close Radarbox, and then open the D012.dat file in the DATA folder in Notepad.  You can then reduce any values that are incorrect - there are 360 values, from 0 - 359 degrees.

Brilliant that man!

NF2G

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 01:07:55 AM »
On a related note, is there a list somewhere that tells what each of the d##.dat files is supposed to contain?