anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New installation, South Central France  (Read 12992 times)

Deadcalm

New installation, South Central France
« on: March 03, 2008, 11:03:53 AM »
'Morning, everyone

I've now had my RadarBox a couple of weeks, so thought I'd better post something.
My location is in the hills of Correze, in the Limousin at about 450 metres AMSL.  Captured this shot this morning with the supplied antenna on a biscuit tin lid, perched on the outside 1st floor window ledge (about 20 feet from the ground - very tall house!).  I assume that the bulk of the house is preventing greater coverage to the east.

I'm quite pleased with the result, though am keen to get my external antenna + pre-amp erected.  The problem being the point where I want to fix it is about 35 feet up, and I don't have a ladder long enough !

Notice the Airbus Industrie A388 cruising down the western coast - I assume it's on a pre-delivery test flight.

When I eventually get my exteral aerial up, I'll post again to demonstrate the (anticipated) difference in signal reception.

I still can't get over the brilliance of this device - each time an aircraft is displayed about to overfly my location, I rush out to eyeball it, and it's always there ;-)

There's just so much to do around the property, and I can't drag myself away from this ruddy thing...

** Airnav - is there any reason why toggling "Elevation/Sea depth" appears to have no effect?  It would be nice to visually identify high ground, and relate it to polar diagrams, etc...

DC

« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 11:38:06 AM by Deadcalm »
Go around, I say again go around...