anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New England observation  (Read 2178 times)

sherlock holmes

New England observation
« on: July 12, 2010, 10:33:22 PM »
I am located in central Massachusetts and notice that when aircraft cross major rivers such as the Connecticut or Hudson river, it is listed as flying over the Atlantic ocean. Is this a common occurrence for all regions of the world or a glitch? It is not a problem, just an observation.

Sherlock Holmes

sasa1000

Re: New England observation
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 10:43:22 PM »
I am in Shetland Isles UK, and all flights over me are listed as flying over Atlantic Ocean. While this is true of flights west of me, the east side is in fact the North Sea and Shetland is Shetland not the Atlantic. But like you I do not class it as a problem, just an anomaly.

Sandy

sherlock holmes

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 12:07:45 AM »
Thanks for the reply Sandy. Another strange observation is that of nearby aircraft at say 50 nm, the aircraft disappears from the screen, reappears with a weird distance of 1200nm, and a location of say the Arctic Ocean. Happens infrequently but I have observed it.

SH

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 07:46:46 AM »
The actual map look up isn't accurate to which country or location you are in. This is because if every position is added it places a lot of strain on your machine so certain "blanket" positions are put in place. (The same applies to the coastlines and border lines)

I am afraid, its either keep it like this or remove the feature in the next version.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

sherlock holmes

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 01:02:18 PM »
Hi,
No complaint here by any means, just an observation. This is an awesome program and device.

SH

sasa1000

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 10:31:20 PM »
Likewise from me, I am of the same thinking as Sherlock. I did not mean to sound critical as I too think this is one great gadget. After all if you don't know basic geography or your own location one would have to wonder why you bothered with a gadget like this in the first place.

Sandy

sherlock holmes

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 06:51:44 PM »
Hi Sandy,
Another thing that I have noticed on occasion is an aircraft will disappear from the screen and a large number of lines will radiate from the point of last detection. When this happens, I open the map toolbar and reopen a new map. This brings it back to normal.

Sherlock H.