AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aerial help  (Read 4424 times)

miz

Aerial help
« on: March 03, 2008, 09:25:37 PM »
My house, in north west London, has a loft without any windows. If I placed the RadarBox supplied aerial in this loft would my reception be substantially degraded compared with a window siting. Should I decide to replace the supplied aerial with an external one sited on my roof, can you advise me of the (reasonably priced) type of of aerial that I should buy as well as the appropriate cable and connectors to connect to the RadarBox.  What reception radius could I reasonably expect to achieve with the roof aerial? Thanks

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Aerial help
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 11:18:10 PM »
Hi Zulberg,

Posts like this are hard to answer as everyone location, house, tiles etc.. are different. However being in London you will be guaranteed to see a lot of traffic from overflights from Europe, arrivals/deps from Heathrow, Stansted, Luton and London City even Gatwick if your have a good location.

You should be able to get better reception in your loft then at windows level on the 1st floor as simply being higher means less obstacles around.

With a roof antenna there a lots of alternatives, have a look at our dealers who should be able to pick out the exact set for you and the connectors and anything else you may require to mount it.

A good external antenna and preamp (and good location) would mean you would receive a good 200nm range all around as London and surrounding areas are pretty much flat except with the Downs in the south. Have a look at the screenshot forum for shots from customers around the London region for a better perspective on what you will see.

Hope that helps.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

EINN-07

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 11:31:49 PM »
Hi Zulberg

My experiences are that the RB reception is as good as the line of sight where you are living  and this includes hill tops. The as supplied antenna is an outdoor antenna, not an indoor, so moving it around in your attic may not give optimum results. Having said that you do need to experiment since there significant differences to be had by minor movements in the position of the antenna.

All the best, Gerry

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 11:32:55 PM »