anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Screen shot's  (Read 18307 times)

CanadaKen

Re: Screen shot's
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2007, 02:04:05 PM »
Watch this site. Chose your area of the world in the top left corner of the page.
This monitors VHF/UHF "tunneling". It seems quite accurate for me on the west coast of North
America. This should give you an idea when your RadarBox or SBS-1 range will improve.
At times the increase can be fairly dramatic.

http://www.dxinfocentre.com/tropo_eur.html

CK
Monitoring on Canada's "Left" coast

iceman

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2007, 02:17:27 PM »
HI CanadaKen:

Thanks for pointing me the Hepburn's site.
As i told on the other post  i´m , since long time ago, a "comunications addict" ... 
That site is, indeed, a valuable toll, but not for this frequencies (1090 Mhz) ... 
Thanks again

Iceman

CanadaKen

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2007, 02:43:09 PM »
but not for this frequencies (1090 Mhz) ...
Those charts are used as high as 1001.75mhz...not too far from 1090mhz.

CK
Monitoring on Canada's "Left" coast

iceman

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2007, 02:57:49 PM »
Hi CanadaKen:

Yes not to faar. But almost 90mhz is a lot of diference believe (more than 3 x the entire HF band!).
Anyway when the condictions are "the best" the range will, sporadically, improve.

Eavy clouds and intensive rain are not the best conditions to receive 1,09Ghz signals, thats for sure.

Iceman

piper-pilot

• CHRIS @ ML&S
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2007, 11:43:44 AM »
Hi Guys

I fully understand ducting etc. I can show you logs over the last 18 months that show with out exception that when it rains I see more aircarft and further away. While I agree that commercial stuff may not need to go above the rain clouds ask the pilots they usually do. Here in the UK we have had our fair share of rain over the last couple of months and now it has subsided we are getting customers complaining of less range. My usual set up is BS-1000 with AS1105 High gain whip plus an Elad preamp.

Us radio hams use a propagation mode called cloud scatter to bounce signals around and further on 1.3ghz,10gHz and I used to do similar on the now abandonned 934mHz band. In fact we have been known to bounce signals off of many strange objects to increase the horizon on line of sight bands.

So I stand by my original comment I usually see further when it rains

Chris
CHRIS @ ML&S

iceman

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2007, 10:26:43 AM »
Hi to all:

One more screen shot. This time showing the Portugueses aerospace, for the 1st time inteirely covered. Also the 1st image with flights from network.

Regards
Iceman

[attachment deleted by admin]