anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: First thoughts problems and suggestions  (Read 9895 times)

DaveG

First thoughts problems and suggestions
« on: July 09, 2007, 04:05:23 PM »
Although I need lots more time with this unit I thought it good to post after two hours using as a way of showing my first thoughts...

Problems encountered so far:

• ACARS Decoder does not connect, see other have had same problem.
  • Reading help it talks about a "Tracking Menu" where is that ?
  • Aircraft selection (see first major issue below)
  • After first install was prompted to select a suggested home location, it was wrong so clicked no (or whatever the button was), it then popped a new window up asking me to select my home location.  This I could not do as the original pop-up would not disappear thus I could not get to the other to set home location.  Solved by restarting and selecting its suggested home location that was wrong (by a few hundred miles) and then changing home from inside the program.

Suggestions so far:

• Custom display options would be good for the Aircraft Tags & Picture information window.
  • Ability to zoom using wheel mouse.
  • Toolbars and windows to be floating, thus be able to move and resize them inside and outside the main program windows.
  • Columns in grid views, ability to move them left and right (reorder).

Major issue so far:

• When moving mouse over aircraft in map, the picture window displays correctly and one cell is highlighted with a red border in the interface list.  But it does not hold the selection, as the aircraft refresh in the list the selection is lost and replaced by some other connection on that original line.  Very annoying if trying to read data and it keeps jumping all over the place.
    Suggestion:  If selecting aircraft on map, first have a background highlight over the complete line, and hold that selection until you click away on the map or on another aircraft.  (or add pop-up box with custom details when double clicking aircraft tag on map)
  • The other major issue is when double clicking on the aircraft details on grid the map changes I'm guessing to display that aircraft centre of screen!!  It does not, sometime I'l 1000 miles away from that aircraft.  Example I double clicked on contact 50nm of lands end Cornwall, the map moved to Germany!!!!

First Thought:
Nice system that I can see getting better each update, but these need come quick and fast :)  Shall post a full list of any problems & suggestions in a few days.

Cheers
Dave

PS - Nice to sit and watch all the network traffic coming online as people get their boxes today :)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 04:14:51 PM by DaveG »
Cornwall, UK

iceman

Re: First thoughts problems and suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 04:22:07 PM »
Same problem here with Acars Decoder. Already comunicated to Airnav. Allways says that AD is not connected :(

I forgot to say before... that the mouse wheel does already zoom in and zoom out .. but, sometimes, loses is "focus" and works only as up and down scrolling.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 05:16:55 PM by iceman »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 04:28:42 PM »
Hi DaveG,

Thanks for the comments and reports. This is what we are looking for so we can make the system better.

The ACARS Decoder & Home Location Bug we are already aware off and will be working to fix that.

We are also looking into the "Major issues" you mention.

As mentioned before we should have a update to the software in 4-5 weeks time. Hopefully earlier for the serious issues. Most of that time is just waiting for more feedback from you guys so keep them coming.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 05:19:21 PM »
Airnav,

This may sound a dumb question but what is the connection medium between my PC and the network server. Does it use a specific  connection service (e.g Internet Explorer) or something else.

The reason I have asked this question is I had been using Firefox as my web service instead of Internet Explorer.  I tried to send an error report and it kept opening Internet Explorer. When I removed Firefox from my pc and set Internet Explorer  as my browser the freezing of the screen I had been experiencing went away, also the programme appears to be working a lot more smoothly.  this may just be a coincidence but if not perhaps people need to know to use IE rather than anything else
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 05:47:47 PM by Roadrunner »

DaveG

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 05:57:20 PM »
Roadrunner I use FireFox as default browser and no freezing here yet!
Cornwall, UK

Roadrunner

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 06:14:12 PM »
Roadrunner I use FireFox as default browser and no freezing here yet!

Well it is really strange. I have been having problems since day one yet after removing Firefox RB has been working better. Maybe something in the Firefox settings may have been causing that - anyway I will keep with Internet Explorer for now...
Hope you are ebjoying your RB

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 06:19:01 PM »
Development can confirm it later. However I assume it would use your network settings of your default browser. If your default browser had incorrect settings then that may cause problems.

We run FireFox and IE here and haven't had that issue.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Roadrunner

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 07:03:48 PM »
I have ticked the box on the General page for auto send application error reports. What does this actually do?

CanadaKen

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 02:36:38 AM »
Well it is really strange. I have been having problems since day one yet after removing Firefox RB has been working better. Maybe something in the Firefox settings may have been causing that

What extensions (Add Ons) were you running with FireFox? eg FasterFox....Zombie Keys....SpellChecker, etc?
I've seen some weird problems with Add Ons for FireFox.

CK
Monitoring on Canada's "Left" coast

Roadrunner

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 05:22:36 AM »
I did have add ons but only a couple. However, the RB definately seems more stable with Internet Explorer. Watch this space !

Roadrunner

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 07:31:43 AM »
I probably spoke too soon about Firefox v Internet Explorer - my connection fails or tells me my con tract has expired about every 35-40 minutes.  I have a laptop Celeron 1600 with 750mb RAM