AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Shuttle Flights  (Read 27116 times)

bratters

Re: Shuttle Flights
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2010, 04:00:02 PM »
To confuse things further if there is an adjustment to the schedule i.e. a different airport slot (these are different to ATC slots) then we either put a 1 or 2 on the callsign if no alpha numeric is allocated. This can be the BA1038 instead of the 038 and currently we have the BA2248 from GIG to LHR which is the BA248.
As you can see just from BA alone AIRNAV dont stand a chance to have routings 100pct let alone all the other airlines doing the same.

I guess that answers my question! More and more mystery flights. We're gonna need some lateral thinking here.

tommyg

Re: Shuttle Flights
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2010, 08:33:16 PM »
Dave.

You wont believe the trouble we have with Eurocontrol. I have a friend who works there and even he says things are getting worse!!! It might seem to be one organisation from the outside but inside there are at 27 different views.
As regards BA alpha numerics, this is the bugbear of my life, because in the past BA were the first to be asked to change the callsign if there was a conflict and we would accordingly oblige to help out, but now we are seen as the easy option and always asked first.
Tommyg