AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I do not see squawk Moscow FIR  (Read 15085 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: I do not see squawk Moscow FIR
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2010, 04:45:18 PM »
Where do you get this from?

Your inbox is full.   If you're really brave, you could use Boris' RB Y-Adaptor to snoop on the USB data, but you'll need to write a program to read the UDP output and decode the data stream.  It's beyond my programming skills!!

And there's always MeterLite - see http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3639.0

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2010, 04:55:08 PM »
Hello

Not again :-(  I will empty it .

Looked at the Y adapter but thought it was too complicated for what I want since it is only for my personal enjoyment and not for a real purpose. MeterLite only looks at port 30003 so that wont give me the detail on the actual messages received or will it.

Thank you

Andrew

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2010, 05:09:29 PM »
AirNav - does a received/decoded DF0 packet produce a corresponding message in the Port 30003 socket output ?  And if so, what is the format ?
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2010, 05:34:49 PM »
does a received/decoded DF0 packet produce a corresponding message in the Port 30003 socket output ?

I don't think so.

DaveReid

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2010, 10:17:16 PM »
does a received/decoded DF0 packet produce a corresponding message in the Port 30003 socket output ?

I don't think so.

That's a shame.  Probably best not to put it in the brochure after all, then.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2010, 10:41:02 PM »
That's a shame.  Probably best not to put it in the brochure after all, then.

If it's used to display the altitude of non-ADS-B aircraft in the Radarbox program, who cares whether it's output on port 30003?   I can't imagine there are any addons that use port 30003 that would do anything with a DF0 message anyway.

DaveReid

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2010, 11:24:00 PM »
If it's used to display the altitude of non-ADS-B aircraft in the Radarbox program, who cares whether it's output on port 30003?   I can't imagine there are any addons that use port 30003 that would do anything with a DF0 message anyway.

I disagree.

A DF0 is essentially the same as a DF5 (24-bit address and altitude) except that it doesn't need an interrogation from a Mode S radar, just another TCAS-equipped aircraft in the vicinity.

And I can certainly think of one application that could make use of DF0-based message, it's been running here 24/7 for the last 4 years ...

Chris11

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2010, 07:03:24 AM »
Thanks for an informative topic. TCAS is compulsory here so I now understand why I am getting altitude from the aircraft even though there is no Mode S radar

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2010, 07:52:18 AM »

Testing this morning suggests that a received/decoded DF0 packet produces a corresponding MSG5 in the Port 30003 socket output - bit I can't be sure.  Only way to prove that for certain is to test in an area without a Mode S ground station.  
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 08:33:00 AM by tarbat »

DaveReid

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2010, 08:02:09 AM »
Only way to prove that for certain is to test in an area without a Mode S ground station.

Or of course we could simply ask AirNav :-)

Oh hang on, we have already ...

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2010, 08:06:26 AM »
Dev will get back to you regarding this.

If its getting decoded in the Test App then RadarBox can decode it but whether its being passed through towards the port data is a different matter.

During the software change to include Mode-S data a few years ago we did try and gather as much decoded information as possible, some of it is not helpfull to us and is not passed through.

Dev should be able to clarify later what is being decoded and being passed through.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Chris11

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2010, 07:08:06 PM »
Back to the original question. Why don't I see a squawk. I thought I was not seeing a squawk as there is no mode S radar in the area. I have just started uploading to http://www.radarvirtuel.com/ and imagine my surprise when I see the aircraft squawk on the map from information I am sending while my radarbox still shows no squawk.

Any ideas?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2010, 07:25:54 PM »
Squawk is sent out by the aircraft when interrogated by a Mode-S Radar site. There is no Radar site around area hence your not getting Squawks.
[email protected]

Chris11

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2010, 04:12:19 AM »
Then how did my computer upload the squawk code to radarvirtuel. Maybe the local radar is mode S

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2010, 07:30:39 AM »
Sorry we missed that part, can you show us a sceenshot of your MyFlights showing the squawk empty and the what radarvirtuel is showing?
[email protected]