AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Slow starting program, db3 too big ?  (Read 11529 times)

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Slow starting program, db3 too big ?
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2010, 05:49:31 PM »
Now you'll be able to populate MyLog too :-)

That means that it will try to complete missing data via the NavData database or from the AirNav server.

Rod
Rod

GlynH

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2010, 12:18:15 PM »
Must be a new record...time to start was just timed at 11 mins 45 secs :-(

For most of that time ABRB was showing as Not Responding in TaskManager although it was grabbing between 0-2% CPU time.

MyLog.db3 now holds over 16,000 aircraft since March this year and is now 166MB in size.

AirNav - I would be more than happy to put MyLog.db3 up on my FTP Server for you to download or upload it to yours if you would like to test my database on your installation and see if you reproduce any of the issues I am having?

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2010, 12:26:03 PM »
Is it hanging at any point in particular (in terms of the status lines on the flash screen) or is it before the flash screen is displayed ?
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

jannuh

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2010, 01:22:12 PM »
My RB starts in abt. 4 minutes, having a mylog db of 392 mB.
I don't care, starting RB every 2-3 weeks, keeps running fine,
starting mylog is within a few seconds.

So maybe it is something else then the size of the mylog db?

GlynH

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2010, 03:31:55 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys...

Dave: I documented the timeline in an Excel spreadhseet but I might have forgotten to save it as I can't find it anywhere now...Doh!

From memory the Splash screen appears fairly quickly after the app icon is double clicked and shows Not Responding throughout the various stages - MyLog, NavData, Optimising Flight Data but not sure if it shows constantly...I can take another look.

Have not run it for a few days now as I need the undivided attention of my PC as I am doing some work instead of playing for a change! :-)

Running PP and at least can use my machine...

Jannuh: That's a big database! How many aircraft in there FFS?

Obviously not a database size issue then...

I can start MyLog within a few seconds also but if I try to use the filter I click on the relevant box and then have to wait for a while until I can select an entry or type in the box. Sometimes even the simple task of scrolling down the list using the scroll bar sees it moving in short, sharp jerky movements with the mouse pointer showing the sleepy/busy icon...

If mine runs without rebooting for a week or two my menus stop working somewhere along the line. I guess your menus are OK even with 2-3 weeks uptime?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2010, 03:38:45 PM »
GlynH,

Whats your Antivirus or Spyware software? Have you set it so it ignores the RB folder (be carefull to which folder is being used on Vista and 7 installs).

Otherwise it can start searching the RB folder when it loads and also it won't like checking a 100mb+ file very much for spyware/viruses.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

54901 - Jim

• N9JHB.com
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2010, 04:26:31 PM »
Suggestion for future version ... maybe an optional auto-purge function?  User enables a setting to keep one, two, whatever months of data.  That way, it won't have to be a manual maintenance item.

Jim
KOSH - Oshkosh, Wisconsin USA