AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Home Location marker  (Read 5840 times)

grasscutter

Home Location marker
« on: June 21, 2010, 10:10:16 PM »
For some unknown reason my Home location cross has disappeared from my map. Can someone advise me the procedure to have it showing again. I understand my village's latitude and longitude will be needed where is the most accurate showing of this.
Sorry if this is under the wrong forum section
Thanks

eggplant

Re: Home Location marker
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 10:36:50 PM »
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/Help%20and%20Manual/RadarBox%20Manual%20-%20English.pdf

Pages 60 - 61 of the manual (link above) shows how to set this.

General opinion seems to be using Google Earth to find your exact latitude/longitude is the easiest way.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 10:39:24 PM by eggplant »
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

Runway 31

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 07:09:27 AM »
Remember to use decimal lat/ long co-ordinates

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 09:27:05 PM »
...........and also a -ve sign for locations west of Greenwich, +ve will move you into France - generates interesting patterns though on the range, when you're receiving things though!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 07:55:05 AM »
Have you got it working grasscutter?.

grasscutter

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 08:27:22 PM »
I have now managed to follow the directions for putting on screen the home location marker. I still have a problem. I have identified the latitude and longitude through Google earth and input the figures on preferences-home station data. Then after processing, the home marker appears in the North Sea. Any idea what is happening anyone.? After moving the cursor over the home cross the latitude/longitude showing at the foot of the interface screen is showing something totally different.

Terre

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 08:56:12 PM »
I guess you simply forgot to set the co-ordinates to decimal in GE prior of writing them down (Tools > Options > 3D View > Show Lat/Long).

However, another and probably easier way to set Home is to
1. move the crosshair to your home position on the map
2. right click and select "Set as Home location"

eggplant

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 09:02:39 PM »
Grasscutter,

If you would like, you can PM me a google earth image of your house, I will send you the correct co-ordinates to enter into home location.

Understandably you may not wish to disclose your exact location to a stranger as such, but its an offer.

Cheers

Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

grasscutter

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 06:07:03 PM »
Thank you guys, I am nearly there I suppose. I opted for using the right click "method etc.  However since buying the system the "Max Range Polar Diagram" showed a sort of star effect centred round the home marker. I haven't moved my mag mount aeriel but the Polar Diagram is not the same. The lines are not consistant some just a single line coming out of the home marker and there is no area covered north of the marker, there was last time. Hope you understand what I mean, have omitted to do something?

grasscutter

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2010, 10:04:52 AM »
What appears to be happening is aircraft are gragging the lines when they are within the range. Before the map showed the range on 360 degrees with flights not interferring with the lines. How can I get back to this.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 11:08:37 AM »
Depending on your location, you'll need to wait a few days for the polar diagram to build up again.

Chris11

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 11:53:22 AM »
Probably need to clear the polar and start from scratch

imropes

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 12:37:28 PM »
I agree with the last two posts. I used postcode to lat and long sites for my location marker. it is very accurate. Dont forget the minus sign if required. Bit of a lift on at the moment so you may get the odd distance spike.

grasscutter

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2010, 10:00:57 PM »
Once the maximum polar range diagram is set is it right to expect the movement of all flights within the range to be updated every 2 secs as within the polar range is picked up by the mag mount aeriel. Not all of mine are and still update every 30 secs from the network.? Also is it likely an aircraft will disappear from screen when it transfers from the polar range and your mag mount monitoring  to the network monitoring?

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2010, 10:29:32 PM »
Hi Grasscutter, on your first point, no, the RB isn't likely to receive a plane flying at a lower height, than the one that registered the max. distance - if you get what I mean! The max. range is mainly dependent on the aircraft's height, although some seem to transmit with a stronger signal, or their antennas are more effective/efficient, than others.   I certainly find that flights disappear/appear when on my detection range limits, and is very noticeable as I'm on the bog standard 5 min. delayed - still got to make up my mind whether to renew or not in December when my 2 years ar up.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!