anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Real Time Network  (Read 2738 times)

Southwest

Real Time Network
« on: June 16, 2010, 07:08:38 PM »
Can someone p0lease xplain whu one minute I have 1068 flights in my network flights, a second later that goes down to 257!!

One minute Spain is awash with aircraft then you only see a few around Madrid.  Surely not all ANRB's switched off together.

This is royally pi**ing me off.

DaveG

Re: Real Time Network
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 07:18:06 PM »
Is this not the same issue as on http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=5091.0 that your involved in?

FYI - i also have had issue tonight on and off, but I guess as the said their working on it.
Cornwall, UK

Southwest

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 09:00:48 PM »

Is this not the same issue as on http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=5091.0 that your involved in?

FYI - i also have had issue tonight on and off, but I guess as the said their working on it.

Not really, yesterday when the network decided to play silly beggars I went from a full RT Network to nothing. 

My beef is that we are paying a princely sum for a paupers service.  I can't bbelieve that the skies over Spain are full one minute, then poof, all gone apart from a sprinkling around Madrid. 

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 06:57:05 AM »
I wouldnt call being off 4 hours in 30 days a paupers service. Problems happen woith computers, they cannot go on for ever without needing a helping hand.  It goes down and gets fixed, chill out.

Southwest

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 07:19:17 AM »
I wouldnt call being off 4 hours in 30 days a paupers service. Problems happen woith computers, they cannot go on for ever without needing a helping hand.  It goes down and gets fixed, chill out.

The original network problem was notified by me at 9.30.  It still wasn't working properly at 8am the following morning.  Do the maths!

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 07:46:27 AM »
One possible explanation for different users' perceptions of whether the network is up or down could be those reported sudden, wild variations in the number of aircraft seen on the network - if the network is up but some users are seeing few (or even no) aircraft, then they might mistakenly think it's down.

Just a hypothesis, feel free to shoot it down :-)
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

EK01

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 07:52:39 AM »
Now living in Spain, I can report that over the last 3 days the weather has been horrendous with torrential rain and thunderstorms therefore, perhaps all ANRB's have been switched off. I know my has. I can report though that today we have clear blue sky overhead the Alicante/Murcia area therefore hopefully an improvement in coverage.

Ian

Southwest

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 08:54:32 AM »
I'd never shoot you down Dave, you are one of the good guys with a voice of reason here.