AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Important RadarBox News - New Distributor, New Price, New Software  (Read 23636 times)

Roland28

Re: Important RadarBox News - New Distributor, New Price, New Software
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2008, 01:08:22 PM »
It seems that I bought my RB a week too early, I had been holding off since Oct 07.
I had been also wondering why Waters and Stanton were not a supplier of the RB, I even checked their website a couple of weeks ago.

bembridge

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2008, 09:23:25 AM »
Keen on buying thr Radarbox.  Trouble is I not so good with computers.  I was assuming that I would just plug into a USB port on my computer.  Then I see Port 30003 and Port 40004 mentioned.  Don't know what this is all about.  Will I just be able to plug into a USB port, or have I got to do some more research.  Any help appeciated

Bembridge

Deadcalm

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 09:42:43 AM »
I'm a new user - very simple, just install the software, plug in the USB cable (provided), screw on the antenna connector - and go !

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2008, 09:50:04 AM »
Keen on buying thr Radarbox.  Trouble is I not so good with computers.  I was assuming that I would just plug into a USB port on my computer.  Then I see Port 30003 and Port 40004 mentioned.  Don't know what this is all about.  Will I just be able to plug into a USB port, or have I got to do some more research.  Any help appeciated

Bembridge

RadarBox is easy to set up and run.  A lot of the complicated chat here on the forum comes from us fanatics who just want to do more and more with RadarBox :-)

RadarBox does output data on ports 7879 and 30003, but this is to allow programmers to write software add-ons that will work with RadarBox.  In normal use, you wouldn't even know it was there.

Take a look at the frequently asked questions (FAQ) here:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0

In the unlikely event that you do have any problems setting RadarBox up, there are loads of people here on the forum who will help.

All the best

Allocator

bembridge

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 06:16:30 PM »
This site has really got me "Hooked on the Radarbox,  Got a question.  I live on the Isle of Wight.  Unfortunately I know of no one on the island or in the Southampton, Portsmouth area's that I can visit for a live demo.

At the present time I listen to aircraft mainly on 135.050 MHz bound to and from the UK.  Would I be able to listen to the voice comms  and view the aircraft on the Radarbox screen  at the same time ?  Also what is the cost of the ACARS interface program and is it available from W & S.  Also is the flight number displayed on the screen.   Guess there my be some more questions from me in the near future.

Bembridge 

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 06:33:38 PM »
This site has really got me "Hooked on the Radarbox,  Got a question.  I live on the Isle of Wight.  Unfortunately I know of no one on the island or in the Southampton, Portsmouth area's that I can visit for a live demo.

At the present time I listen to aircraft mainly on 135.050 MHz bound to and from the UK.  Would I be able to listen to the voice comms  and view the aircraft on the Radarbox screen  at the same time ?  Also what is the cost of the ACARS interface program and is it available from W & S.  Also is the flight number displayed on the screen.   Guess there my be some more questions from me in the near future.

Bembridge 

Benbridge, here is a screenshot of the IOW area taken a few minutes ago.  The traffic with a "*" after the callsign is Network traffic, that without is traffic I'm detecting using my RadarBox antenna here in Shrewsbury.  You can see the flight numbers on the map and in the aircraft list, note EZY 136Q just approaching the IOW from the SW.  Not all aircraft display Flight Numbers, if the pilot has put it in, you will see it.

You can listen to any ATC frequency you like, as there is no connection between RadarBox and your radio scanner.

Click on the link below to see the full size screenshot:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2296/2358899856_0334e31203_o.jpg

See here for the cost of ACARS Decoder - note that it is a 6-month reoccurring subscription.  Decoder is only available as a download from the AirNav website.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/order.html

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 06:35:34 PM »
Bembridge,

View the screenshots section for pictures around your area. With a good antenna location you should be able to pick Gatwick arrivals and departures as well Heathrow if the Downs don't get in the way too much. As well as into Northern France.

Yes with your Airband Radio you can tune to that frequency and see them Live on RadarBox. It does display the Flight Number, Aircraft Registration, Speed, Flight Level etc.. see the screenshots forum for more details.

The ACARS software is only available from our site and the cost is £18 per 6 months.

Hope that helps.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

bembridge

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 07:13:32 PM »
Thank you for the replies.  All so detailed and very much appreciated.  guess I will placing an order this coming week.  Once againg many thanks

Bembridge

Deadcalm

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 09:01:04 AM »
Also, your network input from this southerly point may well help users like me (in central France) have a more contiguous view of traffic between France and the UK.
Go around, I say again go around...