AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Auto Populate etc  (Read 5572 times)

pwfu

• Follow me on Twitter
Auto Populate etc
« on: August 04, 2008, 09:27:54 AM »
Hi All,

With Auto Populate I understrand that once a new code is recieved, anrb looks up the code on gas and then returns the result. Which of course is great.

However, looking through my bits I can see some examples where that hasn't happened completely. The FlyBe E190's for example are missing the A/C Type E190 code, and RAF 125 XS709 just came up as null for the reg, and null for the type.

Is there an easy way I can correct these, something I can download ? or is it a case of going through the database 1 by 1 to see if there are any gaps?

Of course, I'm not bemoaning the gas chaps, who do a fabulas job!

Regards

pwfu

• Follow me on Twitter
Re: Auto Populate etc
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 09:31:11 AM »
Just another quick question:

Everytime I start the box I go into Tools and then take off Show Photos / Details.

Is there a way I can set my box so that this bit is automatically off?

Thanks!

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 09:56:43 AM »
However, looking through my bits I can see some examples where that hasn't happened completely. The FlyBe E190's for example are missing the A/C Type E190 code, and RAF 125 XS709 just came up as null for the reg, and null for the type.

Which "bits" are you talking about?

Are you talking about MyLog or the MyFlights aircraft list.  XS709 is in the GAS database, so the record for this aircraft will be populated.  However, you need to understand that there are 2 databases here and they are completely different:

- NavData.db3 - this is the main RB database that comes already populated with a large number of aircraft details and routes

- MyLog.db3 - this is a record of the aircraft you have picked up and is empty when you install RB (there might actually be a few aircraft here as a demonstration of how MyLog works)

The RB autopopulate function only populates NavData.db3.  MyLog.db3 is populated from the MyFlights list as aircraft are picked up, using the data in NavData.db3.

If there isn't a record for that aircraft in NavData.db3 the first time the aircraft is detected, then the record written to MyLog.db3 will not have the aircraft details.  Even when NavData.db3 is autopopulated, it won't then change the record you already have in MyLog.

To update and populate the MyLog records, use MyLog > Tools > Populate.  This then looks at NavData.db3 and "fills in the blanks" in the MyLog file.

As far as the Flybe E190's, if the aircraft type appears as ... then you will need to edit NanData.db3 manually using the RB Database Explorer.  See "Editing Records Manually" in the FAQ section here on the forum.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=628.0
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 10:04:29 AM by Allocator »

pwfu

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 10:27:18 AM »
Hey Allocator, thanks for coming back to me.

It was the NavData.db3 db I was talking about. I've just looked through this and XS709 doesn't appear, and I've looked it up on gas and it's there with the reg / type, so I don't really understand why it shows as null in my log.

I've been updating some of the bits manually, so I guess I'll have to do a bit more work! :-)

MIKE.UTD

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 03:45:32 PM »
Hi,
Just carrying on from this enquiry and my own posted yesterday.
I have updated a lot of FlyBe aircraft as stated the a/c type is missing.
However when I have switched the unit on/off they disappear ?
The Cityjet RJ85 that I have edited also all appear to be missing too.
When I edit them as per the link is there something I have to do as sometimes the auto populate box comes up ?
Also recently new a/c like TC-JGZ which arrived in Manchester today, gets autopoulated but the A/N and A/C are the wrong way around ?

Mike.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 05:48:16 PM »
Hi Mike

This is a known bug - some updates to NavData.db3 being accepted and other disappearing - with any luck it will be fully fixed in version 1.6.

As to data getting into the wrong fields, I may be wrong, but I think it's because the GAS database has it wrong.
Rod
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 03:43:24 PM by RodBearden »
Rod

pwfu

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 11:29:52 AM »
Hi There,

Sorry to go back over old ground, but does the autopopulate work with NetWork flights?

I ask because I have the network connected at the moment, and have done a test on a QTR A321. I've gone through Database Explorer to look for the hex (06A051) and it's not there. So I looked it up on the GAS site and it does appear there as A7-ADK

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 12:26:27 PM »
Autopopulate works on network aircraft, but only the aircraft you click on.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 12:28:08 PM »
Yes, it does work with network flights.  Find a network flight without aircraft details or photo, click on the aircraft in the list and see the details appear.  This is a better demo than looking at aircraft in the NavData.db3 database.

pwfu

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 12:31:26 PM »
Very cool, thanks chaps