anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New RadarBox 3D user with a question?  (Read 2360 times)

larry.putman

New RadarBox 3D user with a question?
« on: June 09, 2010, 08:44:34 PM »
Hello All,

Just received my radarbox today and have a temporary antenna setup.
My location is about 8 miles southeast of BWI airport.  I have a 9dB gain DPD antenna on order and it will be 30' in the air when installed and fed with LMR 400 Coax.

I have been a longtime aircraft tracker mostly on HF radio  going back to 1959 with a Hallicrafters S38-E. I started copying HFDL back in 2002 and I had AirNav Suite 4 when it first came out! It was all manual data entry back then:) I hope to contribute to this forum in the future!!

I do have a question!
I thought that the network data for the first year was not delayed yet when I connect to the network I get a statement that the network data is delayed 5 mins??? whats the deal here?

Thanks

Larry WB3ANQ

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
Re: New RadarBox 3D user with a question?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 09:17:18 PM »
I thought that the network data for the first year was not delayed yet when I connect to the network I get a statement that the network data is delayed 5 mins???

Hi Larry and welcome, as far as I'm aware the "free" bit is 12 months network - 5 mins delayed, unless you pay the extra premium for "real-time" - personally, I may (or not), renew when my time is up.    I'm not sure if I could justify the expenditure to the boss......................
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 09:53:12 PM »
Hi Larry

Yes, it's the delayed networtk that is free for the first year. You have to pay extra for the live network.

I have a page that explains all this sort of stuff here http://rodb.gofreeserve.com/RadarBox/RadBox1.htm if you want to read up on it.

Rod
Rod

radarspotter10

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 10:57:59 PM »
Hi Larry.
I am the same as CoastGuardJon, i do not think its worth it to pay for the extra premium for "real-time,  5 min delayed works fine for me.
from pat