anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sharing Network Data  (Read 6690 times)

neroon79

Re: Sharing Network Data
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2010, 04:23:29 AM »
AirNav have previously confirmed that only boxes actually sending data are shown on the map, so if it's quiet for aircraft showing position where you are, you won't show up.
Well, actually that can not be 100% true. Because my private Box Server based in Lehrte is Running 24/7 and sharing is activated. Usually it appears for about 1 or 2 days until it disappears from the map, even if there is traffic on my screen. Considering the fact, that I'm using an outdoor antenna with preamp giving me an average minimum range of 80nm, there is always some traffic to share in my range.  Especially due to the fact that there is more or less no night-flight restriction at the bigger German Airports. Sorry, but from my point of view, I'm reckoning the map accuracy to be somewhere between the 5th or 6th basement floor, metaphorically speaking.

But  maybe it could also be a problem with the RB Software itself, which could be based in the fact that it was never intended, that the Box software is running without any breaks.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 04:27:26 AM by neroon79 »
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3