AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Incorrect entries in MyLog?  (Read 6992 times)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Incorrect entries in MyLog?
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 11:45:50 AM »
DaveReid,

We noted what you found and have stations close by to Heathrow as well but they don't exhibit the same behaviour all the time, but it does happen once in a while.

We are just trying to work out what causes that once in a while.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 11:55:39 AM »
Is anyone else (other than those who have already reported the bug) seeing entries in MyFlights with flight durations of hours/days/weeks/months ?

Yes, all the time.  Reported during beta testing(s), but never completely fixed.  I NEVER rely on the flight start date/time.  I have always assumed this problem is caused by putting the PC into standby whilst running Radarbox (which I regularly do).

Hello

I agree with the standby idea. when we first got radarbox we used to put the computer on standby and got this problem however once we got more of an interest in keeping track on what had been when we weren't watching we made sure it never went to standby and never experienced it again.

Andrew

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 04:42:23 PM »
I agree with the standby idea. when we first got radarbox we used to put the computer on standby and got this problem however once we got more of an interest in keeping track on what had been when we weren't watching we made sure it never went to standby and never experienced it again.

So, can DaveReid and BlinkNFG confirm whether or not they put their PC into standby (or hibernate) when running Radarbox?

Also see:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3750.msg36901#msg36901
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3963.msg42367#msg42367

EDIT: Just checked back through beta-testing emails, and this was the final conclusion:
Q: MyLog start date/time anomalies when PC has been in hibernation
A: This one is very strange and difficult to correct. It could be caused by data saved in the buffer when computer is hibernating. Let’s leave this one for a future version if that is Ok to you.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 04:48:34 PM by tarbat »

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 05:04:31 PM »
So, can DaveReid and BlinkNFG confirm whether or not they put their PC into standby (or hibernate) when running Radarbox?

Nope, neither.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

BlinkNFG

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 10:35:19 PM »
Hi,

No I don't put the PC into standby either

Jon