AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Strange behaviour after landing  (Read 3513 times)

Zillie

Strange behaviour after landing
« on: May 27, 2010, 05:31:00 PM »
I am running Radarbox 3D-4.03 and i noticed a very strange behaviour after landing of aircraft. At my location and with an outside antenna, i can follow aircraft down to the runway of EDDW (Bremen, Germany). In 3D view i am on the runway already and sometimes on the taxiway. Radarbox gives me the correct altitude of between 20 and zero feet and Status reads "On ground" as it should be. After some minutes, suddenly the altitude changes to 35025 feet and Status reads "Decending" (just happened to DLH348 who landed here). After a vew more minutes it times out and disappears.
Any explanation for that?

Harry

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: Strange behaviour after landing
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 10:43:42 PM »
I am running Radarbox 3D-4.03 and i noticed a very strange behaviour after landing of aircraft. At my location and with an outside antenna, i can follow aircraft down to the runway of EDDW (Bremen, Germany). In 3D view i am on the runway already and sometimes on the taxiway. Radarbox gives me the correct altitude of between 20 and zero feet and Status reads "On ground" as it should be. After some minutes, suddenly the altitude changes to 35025 feet and Status reads "Decending" (just happened to DLH348 who landed here). After a vew more minutes it times out and disappears.
Any explanation for that?

Sounds very much like an instance of this phenomenon: www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4916.msg49768#msg49768

If so, it's a known bug and AirNav are investigating it.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour